PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Players and battery life

Chilling_Silently
28-04-2003, 06:09 PM
I was just on the ICE Expo website when I chanced across this:

The 10GB iPod holds an astonishing 2,000 songs and lets you rock on for 10 hours on a full battery.

That seems a little odd, I have 1.95GB Songs and they total almost 34 hours of playback.

Do all MP3 players have a battery life similar to that, or is it just the iPod?

If I were to look into buying one (Its on the 'To-Do' list when I get a job), I'd like at least 30 hours playback :-)

Graham L
28-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Some would last for less. :D They have the advantage that there's no motor to eat batteries, but making sound uses power. There's also a computer in there.

-=JM=-
28-04-2003, 06:41 PM
The iPOD is definitely one of the best ones IMO. But just remember I'm pretty sure that one actually has a HDD inside it. That could be something which might not like being thrown.

As for 30hrs. When do you find yourself needing that much playback time. I forget the last time I was away from a lightersocker/powerpoint for 30hrs.

roofus
28-04-2003, 06:50 PM
While the Sony NetMD isn't strictly an mp3 player, it has a playback on its standard rechargable of over 10 hours.
If you stick in 1 single energiser battery you should get around 56 hours!
and minidiscs don't skip and take the knocks better than hard disk drive based players

Baldy
28-04-2003, 07:42 PM
I agree with Roofus. MDplayers are the way to go. Far more versatile

nadius
28-04-2003, 08:02 PM
yeah, md players are cool - cheaper too.

i have a sony MD player(mz-r910). the rechargeable battery takes 6 hours to charge but lasts up to 30 hours. (although when recording this time is significantly reduced)
you can also clip an AA battery on to it.