PDA

View Full Version : DVD X Copy

Ritzz
26-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Can "DVD X Copy" copy any DVD (Video/Data)??
And will it work with any DVD Writers?
Any info will be great

Cheers

b1naryb0y
27-04-2003, 12:18 AM
Been watching the 6 o'clock news have we?

Jeez they were going on as though this magical program was the only thing out there that can copy dvds.

Do a search on google for "dvd copy" and be prepared to be swamped. Noteable software that springs to mind is Alcohol 120% which does a damn good job at "backing up" dvds.

There are also a multitude of programs out there that can rip dvds and burn them in svcd format using a cd writer.

Clerk-Kent
28-04-2003, 01:48 PM
I actually have DVD X Copy on my system (V 1.3) and it ROCKS!!!

It'll work with any DVD-R/RAM/-RW & +RW backup systems and burners and will even rip through copy protection as well.

The best way to get hold of a copy is to try KaZaa and typing "DVD X Copy" or "3-2-1 Studios" followed by the "Search" button and I'll think you'll find what you're looking for..... ;o)

Filmman
28-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Hi guys,

just int. in whats being discusssed here. Is it possible to edit off a dvd onto a vhs blank tape?
Am doing a project that involves me making a film presentation, but need it in shorter form. Am looking for help also in the way of equipment to acheive this. If anyone can be of help, that would be fantastic. Am in Auckland.

- Gregg Buchanan.

Clerk-Kent
28-04-2003, 03:14 PM
It'll work with any DVD writer that supports DVD-R or DVD+R (practically all) and will copy any DVD movie disc including those with Macrovision type copy protection, although I have yet to try it on DVD-ROMS.

It even copies the menus, subtitles and other special features.

If you have a CD-Burner instead, try DVD Copy Plus (made by the same guys) which will "backup" DVD movies to CD-R/RW media instead and play them back as VCD's or SVCD's.

A KaZaa search will return many hits for both programs.

Clerk-Kent
28-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi there.

Depending on the DVD being copied, there is a way to dub then edit manually.

DVD's that use synch/colour burst or striping copy protection (Macrovision 1 and 2) could be copied if you have a Video Enhancer (try Dick Smith at www.dse.co.nz or www.stardevelopment.com).

Video enhancers are used to defeat and 'cancel out' signals commonly used in VHS/DVD copy protection methods.

By using a Video Enhancer between your DVD player and VHS deck and a bit of V E tuning, you should be able to then copy the DVD with little to zero picture artefacts.

Another method is to copy the DVD using X-Copy or DVD Copy Plus, convert the resulting .vob and audio files into MPEG 2 (high quality, larger size Video) or MPEG 1 (lower, VHS quality Video) with a Converter and edit with a PC Video editing program (Adobe Premiere etc).

You can either burn this as a VCD or SVCD (Nero Burning Rom does a good job of this) which can then be played on any DVD player or computer or simply output (play) the MPEG file through a media player, use a Graphics Card with a Video-Out to send this to your VHS recorder and hopefully your masterpiece willl be complete.

None of these methods are particularly easy unless you have the relevant programs and hardware, have a grunty 1Ghz+ processor, tons of Hard Drive space and HEAPS of time (processing/converting video from AVI/.vob files takes a long time, better leave that computer on overnight I think).

Good luck.