PDA

View Full Version : red crosses

Johanna
25-04-2003, 09:59 AM
When I forward a joke or funny message with pictures in it, the receiver only gets red crosses instead of the picures. Is there a way to solve this problem.? (It is not an attachment).
Thanks.

tweak\'e
25-04-2003, 12:23 PM
how are you forwarding the message ? what with and what is the person receiving it with?

either you didn't send the pic or the program at their end is set not to receive pics or dosn't support the format the pic is in.

Smithie 38
25-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Hi Johanna.

I had the same problem not so long ago and it was not until one of the recepients told me that I knew about it. This was how I fixed my mine.

In OE click Tools/options then click on the Send tab. Under Mail Sending Format click on HTML settings and then make sure you have a tick in Send pictures with messages.

How mine became unticked I dont know but all is okay now. I hope this helps you

Smithie

Clueless
25-04-2003, 12:52 PM
The best way IMHO is to save the pic and then forward it as an attachment.

This is no harder than editing of all the rubbish that has inevitably built up on any well forwarded e-mail, and will produce a more welcome e-mail message that anyone can see, no matter what software they are using.

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) is the motto here. Then it will mork for almost everyone.

Often email with built in pictures is getting them off a webserver, which means the pictures may or may not be availible at any time, and the person getting the email may or may not be set up to see these.

.Clueless

Clueless
25-04-2003, 02:39 PM
check this email (http://something.orcon.net.nz/f1/images/kill-spam-images.png)

This spam didn't waste my bandwidth, and no counter counted another spam veiwed, nor did i see anything that was a bit much for that time of the morning.

.Clueless

Clueless
25-04-2003, 02:45 PM
.... which is why we sometimes turn images from external sources off.

That was supposed to be the title of the above, but for somereason the title changed back. It must be too early in the morning.

.Clueless