PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger Add-ins

stirringaxe
24-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Hi, does anyone have a copy of or know where to get the old vesion of MSN Messenger add-in for email interactivity, contact login & mail alerts.
The new version allows people to see me on-line even when MSN isn't loaded at all. I hate that. Please help or Bye bye MSN

Susan B
25-04-2003, 10:30 AM
Can you be a bit more specific by "MSN Messenger add-in for email interactivity, contact login & mail alerts"? Where did you get your original one from? Are you referring to third-party add-ons?

> The new version allows people to see me on-line even when MSN isn't loaded at all. I hate that.

I am a bit puzzled by that -- if MSN is not loaded then you cannot be seen online. How do you know people can see you online?

Chilling_Silently
26-04-2003, 09:45 AM
Well, I know you get logged in when you open Outlook Express if that is of any help?

Otherwise, have a look at mess.be for a ton of MSN Messenger tools.

But again, can you please reply and be a little more specific, Im not too sure I follow either?!

somebody
26-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Surprisingly I can understand your post. Why don't you use the new version (MSN Messenger 5)?

People can't see you online when MSN is not loaded at all. People can ONLY see you when you're logged in, and not appearing offline. Whoever told you that was just trying to annoy you. It is impossible for you to be "online" when the program isn't loaded. Even if it is loaded, they still can't see you until you log on.

I do know what addon you're talking about, and I have it on my hard drive somewhere (but I can't find it). I think it was called "MSN Addon for MSN Messenger"

Chilling_Silently
26-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Ahh... the MSN Add-on for WINDOWS MESSENGER...

See, there's a little difference here, Windows Messenger came with WinXP.. MSN Messenger didnt come with anything... both are made by MS, but are different pieces of software with similar uses and are compatible for communication with each other.

To get the MSN Add-On, click on the 'no new emails' or something similar up the top of Windows Messenger.

Otherwise, Id suggest you pop over to messenger.xtramsn.co.nz and get the latest MSN Messenger :-)

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

whetu
26-04-2003, 12:48 PM
also take a look at mess.be there's heaps of plugins/mods/skins etc for messenger there