PDA

View Full Version : Finding an Email-only provider?

caffy
24-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I've got a mate who is incredibly sick of Hotmail, and is in the process of lookin around for an Email-only provider. She is happy to pay the cost of having that.

However one ISP she asked (the same ISP that I have an email-only, unlimited MB storage account with) said that since she didnt already have an connection account,she is unable to have this kind of option..

(Since my parents use that ISP to connect to internet, i was able to have this kind of account)

Do you guys know of any companies that offer an email-only plan, with unlimited MB storage just like I have?
She already has an dial-up connection via her father's business, but knowin him it would take a year to set an email account up for her! :D

cheers,
caffy

BootyLicious
24-04-2003, 12:04 PM
What about yahoo?

www.yahoo.co.nz

caffy
24-04-2003, 12:06 PM
She already has that, but its got limited storage space...and she wants to keep all her important emails regardin Uni....

but yeah, you're right Yahoo isnt too bad, 6mb of storage space....

stu140103
24-04-2003, 12:15 PM
nzoomail http://www.nzoomail.com/

stu140103
24-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Netscape mail & they are more she justs need to have a look around :)

http://www.nznet.gen.nz/

Greg S
24-04-2003, 02:17 PM
www.hostnz.co.nz - 20MB $60 per year, 5 addresses

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
24-04-2003, 02:59 PM
How about SkyMail.... you know, the one on TV? :D I don't know much about it, but apparently, I think all need to pay is the wireless keyboard costing $99+P.P...

rayonline
24-04-2003, 03:40 PM
if u really wanna keep all ur mails forever and ever.
then no web based will be enof for u.
consider getting a 2nd email a/c with ur current isp, presuming u have one now to get on the net. or get ur own isp. www.consumer.org.nz has a table of isp nz providers. u can use xxxhrs for $xx per month or on minute basis like clear.net at 2.50$ an hr, 4c a minute or a packaged one. download them into OE or something....