PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Pro lsass.exe system error

CYaBro
17-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Hey,

Got a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Pro.
The problem is that just before the welcome screen comes up a box pops up with the following:

lsass.exe system error (Title)

When trying to update a password, this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct.

This box will stay on screen for about 3-5 seconds then the laptop resets itself. Starts loading WinXP again and then the error comes up again. It gets stuck in this loop. The only way to stop it is to turn it off with the power button.
I have tried every startup option (Safe Mode etc etc) and the result is always the same.

I have done a search on Google and it seems that it is quite a common problem but with no way to fix it other than a reinstall.
Just thought I'd check here to see if anyone has had this problem and maybe found a way to fix it. :)

Cheers

kiwibeat
17-04-2003, 11:37 AM
other people had same problem usually after doing a update reinstall O/S seems to be the easiest way to fix it

CYaBro
17-04-2003, 05:55 PM
That's what I'm thinking too!
The next problem is getting the data off the drive before running the recovery CD.
Will have to pull out the HDD and put on my 2.5" - 3.5" IDE adaptor and chuck it in a PC. :( Pain in the.... on these laptops!