PDA

View Full Version : cd tray

Tucabia
13-04-2003, 08:33 AM
On bootup the cd tray has started to open automatically-have not found a solution yet. Dont know of any changes that could have had any impact. Run XP SP1 on AMD 1Ghz with 52x CDRom drive.

Billy T
13-04-2003, 12:51 PM
Hi Barbara

I have no idea why that would happen, but my first instinct would be to run Adaware and/or Spybot in case you have picked up some nuisance software..

After that, unless somebody can point you to a software location or setting within your computer, I would be inclined to uninstall then reinstall the CD Rom.

In the meantime, think about programs loaded recently, or the activities of other users.

Cheers

Billy

Graham L
13-04-2003, 03:40 PM
If you can't locate any suspicious software, try turning off Plug & Play in the BIOS, unless someone more knowledgeable about Windows thinks that would be harmful. (You would need to reenable it if you buy any new hardware, then disable it after the device had been detected, and the problem recurred).

I had a similar problem with a DVD (IDE interface) on one of my Linux machines. That turned out to be a SCSI card (with nothing connected) searching for devices at boot time. ?:|

Tucabia
13-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks, loaded and ran Adaware & removed 8 items(cookies I think) Hope this will fix annoyance. Recently had to reinstal Xp-problem occurred before and after that