PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Synchronisation

arse
12-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi All,

Just got myself a new laptop, and want to know if there are any programs out there that will assist me to sunchronise my laptop with my Desktop, and vice versa (mainly for the likes of Outlook Express, and some various files). Preferably after something that I can download......

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.....

godfather
12-04-2003, 09:58 PM
What about the "briefcase" function that should be included?

To synchronize files on connected computers using Briefcase:

While the computers are connected, open Briefcase on your portable computer and copy the appropriate files from your main computer.

Work on the files on your portable computer.

When you have finished working on the files, connect the two computers if they were disconnected, open Briefcase on your portable computer, and then do one of the following:

To update all the files, on the Briefcase menu, click Update All.

To update only some of the files, select the files you want to update, and then on the Briefcase menu, click Update Selection.

Notes

When you are using Briefcase to copy files from your main computer to your portable computer, the two computers must be connected, either over a network or by a direct cable connection.
While you are working on your files, the two computers do not need to be connected.

The above from Windows Help

IanJ
12-04-2003, 11:39 PM
A program that I have used is called "Comparator" available from:

http://softbytelabs.com/

There are two versions available Pro and Free. If you go to their downloads page you will find them both there.

Ian