PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Printer Margins

lyndahull
12-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Hi, my HP Deskjet 600 has a minimum bottom margin of around 1.8cm. I believe you can actually reset this minimum to a lesser amount. Does anyone know how? As always, you help is greatly appreciated! Regards, Lynda

godfather
12-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Inkjets usually have the bottom margin around that dimension as a physical limitation needed to allow the paper to be fed under the printhead.

In my inkjet if I fiddle the page with a lesser margin than around 2 cm, it simply cuts off the print anyway. It warns me (in Word) thaat the margins are outside the printer capability. Its usually right!

Lasers, due to their different paper transport methods, can print a lot closer to the bottom.

Billy T
12-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Hi Lynda

Sometimes you can sneak a little extra print area by selecting custom paper size and increasing the bottom margin by a couple of centimetres then stretching the print margin down in page setup. You must also make sure that the footer size is set to 0cm.

Provided the printer has good paper transport capability it will print further down the page quite reliably. On occasion I have printed to within 0.5cm from the bottom of the page.

Don't do this unless you absolutely have to though, as can take more time to set up and get right than it is worth.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

lyndahull
13-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks again for all your help you guys!! Lynda