PDA

View Full Version : windows not sparting normal

nirbhayn
11-04-2003, 04:24 PM
i did my system re-store to last month and after when i did the system re-store i started getting that menu at the start where it says , start windows normally, best configuration blah blah blah donno .

i keep getting it every time and when i choose the normal window start tab it comes back to that menu again

Jen C
11-04-2003, 09:15 PM
Taking a wild guess - I think you are using Windows XP or another NT based OS.

You are getting these options on startup after POST and you didn't previously? When you say that you select "Normal Windows" does it re-loop back to the menu again without ever loading Windows, or the problem is you get presented with this menu every time you turn your PC on?

nirbhayn
13-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Taking a wild guess - I think you are using Windows XP or another NT based OS.

You are getting these options on startup after POST and you didn't previously? When you say that you select "Normal Windows" does it re-loop back to the menu again without ever loading Windows, or the problem is you get presented with this menu every time you turn your PC on?
----------------=----------------------
srry for incomplete info
yes iam using winxp pro
yes it re loops back back to menu if i select normal windows. without loading normally
and i keep getting this everytime i start my pc

Jen C
13-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi nirbhyan

Firstly, what was the problem that you tried to fix by using System Restore?

Secondly, can you access Safe Mode? On that menu you are seeing during startup, one of the options is Safe Mode. Depending on what your initial problem was, you may want to try undoing the System Restore you performed. This can be done in Safe Mode. Further information here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315222). You will notice that your PC Desktop will look at bit strange in Safe Mode but that is normal.

If you cannot access Safe Mode either, there is another option to start the System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304449). Again this is dependant of how bad your previously problem was compared to your current problem.

Jen