PDA

View Full Version : HP 720a running out of disk space

Nomad1
10-04-2003, 02:19 PM
My 60g hard drive is split up into 12 5g drives - lately my "C" drive has been running out of space - right down to 0k free.
I have been able to uninstall a few things which freed up about 1g - this has now gone and the max that I'm able to free is about 200meg.
The Win\temp folder gets filled with wbk****tmp files - anything up to 9000 a day - since this has started happening my sygate firewall crashed and IE6 will no longer download files from the internet - so am unable to access any diagnostic software.
Any ideas or remedies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shaun

stu140103
10-04-2003, 06:37 PM
*Bump*

Graham L
10-04-2003, 06:45 PM
What do you use all these partitions for? These days, 5 GB is probably a bit small. I can remember when a 20 MB disk was enormous. :D

The fix will be to make your C: partition a lot bigger. Until you get everything backed up (and the backups tested) so that you can repartition it, put the windows temp tree onto another partition. You will be told that this will slow down your computer; it looks as if you have a choice between a slower computer and no computer. :D This probably won't too much of a slowdown; the swap file might be worse.

Nomad1
11-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Hi there - each of the partitions have their seperate uses - some for the wife - others for games etc.
I ran Registry First Aid through the machine last night and removed approx. 1000 "errors" and funny thing was that only 150 wbk****tmp files were there this morning and the "C" drive was sitting at about 250m.
Will keep ruuning diagnostic programs through it and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply

Thomas
11-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Well I am no expert,but my method would be to invest in another 20 gig and bugger it.