PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Billy T, CYaBro, and E.ric

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Well.. I just made a post and got an error.. so Im re-typing this and hope it'll go through (I'll make sure to copy it before an attempted send).

Ive finally gotten around to looking into the fuzzy monitor question... I've not really had the guts to do it up until now, being only familiar with the innards of PC's themselves, never opened a monitor before, this was a great learning curve.

I felt a bit shakey.. seeing as this monitor didnt have any screws as mentioned... rather a few clips. This got me thinking "Man, I hope its not different like this the whole way!"

I proceeded to remove the sheilding, and read over the FAQ.

I thought I'd found what I was looking for, so I plugged in the monitor and began-a-turning!

Turns out I'd found the Vertical Sizing...

Back to reading the FAQ, I found what I was looking for this time, complete with this sticky glue-like substance (Which went all over the Screwdriver.. must remember to go clean that after Ive posted...) but a light turn found it completely fuzzy... light turn in the other direction and it was as good as gold.

So the monitor now has a new lease on life, back to working steady in the Cyber Cafe, and it couldnt be better!

So thankyou to the three of you for your helpful replies to my plea for help, it has been much appreciated :D

Now... to fix the one at home ;-)

Thanks again guys

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Billy T
08-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Yay :D

Another success story.

Thanks for the feedback Chill.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)

CYaBro
08-04-2003, 04:45 PM
That's awesome!

Saved youself some pingers :)

E.ric
08-04-2003, 07:13 PM
I learnt a good trick for giving picture tubes new life.
Unplug the CRT board (with the monitor off)
connect the heater up to 6 volts power supply to get it going,
Increase to 12 Volts for 5 minutes
Reduce to 9 Volts for 15 minutes.
Remove power supply,

Plug up CRT board and enjoy brighter picture.