PDA

View Full Version : XP Going too fast then too slow! >_<

JamesStewart
06-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey all. I have a little program and on 98 it runs fine but on XP it goes 2 or 3 times as fast and is crazy. I have tryed the compatibility wizard but that did nothing. What can I do?

Second: I am running C&C Tiberian Sun on XP Pro, AMD Atholon 1.4 Ghz, 256 ddr ram, 32 TNT Pro/TNT 2 graphics card. The movies are jumpy and the sound is out of sink and jumpy too. How do it fix this in XP?

minos#2
06-04-2003, 11:32 PM
two things! is the program that has the "speed" problems ment to work in windows xp? or if the programe is just running too fast you can get something called CPU Killer which lets you throttle your CPU ie: slow it down

Also check that you have the latest patch for C&C and maybe updating your version of detanator and version of Directx ? although your card ( TNT2 ) is neither compatable with the latest Directx or Detanator ( 9.0 and 43 respectivly ) but it might be worth it.

www.download.com for cpu killer and www.microsoft.com for DX9 and www.nvidia.com for Detanator 43.xx or get this months ( april ) pc world NZ mag because dx 9 and 43.xx are on the CD

:-)