PDA

View Full Version : Auto dial-up gone

Tony S.
06-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Please help! I am running Win98se and used to have the dial-up dialogue set to save password and auto connect. All of a sudden that option has disappeared and have to manually insert password and connect, as these two options are now greyed out and inaccessible. Help would be much appreciated for this one. Thanks all in anticipation.

Murray P
06-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Hi

I'm assuming IE. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections. What option is checked there, Always dial My Default Connection. In Settings are your username and password (******) showing? If not enter them and save by clicking OK untill you are out of the dialogue boxes and back to the main IE window and any other prompts are dealt with. (A quicker way to get to Connections is by right clicking the IE shortcut on your desktop and choosing Properties > Connections).

HTH Post back if no go.

Cheers

Murray P

Jim B
06-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Check you have Client for Microsoft Networks in Control panels/Network
If not add it in.
Select Add/Client/Add/Microsoft/Client for MS networks and click OK

Tony S.
06-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Thank you, thank you Jim B., problem fixed. Yes, I had uninstalled that particular programme because I didn't like the icon on the desktop. Guess I'll have to stick with it. Thanks also to Murray P. for your suggestions. What a great bunch of people on this forum.
Tony S.