PDA

View Full Version : Noises in Excel?

Brain_Cell_Anon
05-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Does any one know how to make noises in Excel?
I want to have a noise of some sort when a user gets so far in the spreedsheet (there are a series of questions to answer) and the sequence is basically finished. Possibly the second to last to give a warning that the last question is next!
Regards.

robo
05-04-2003, 07:28 AM
This turns on sound in all of Office:
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
Select or clear the Provide feedback with sound check box.
I am not sure that lets you choose to make sounds in some places. In fact, I suspect it creates a cacophony of indiscriminate sound.
You can then control some of the sounds in Control Panel, sound, but I don't think that will be enough.
Are you doing any VB macros? I am sure sounds could be made in there. Search under sound, not noise.
robo.

Brain_Cell_Anon
06-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Will check that out a bit. The VB side of it is a bit more of a known teritory for me, but Macros are a little bit South of me!!
Regards

Russell D
07-04-2003, 11:55 AM
If a particular cell is to be clicked on to enter the second to last answer, the selection of this cell can be captured via an Event Procedure and the VB function BEEP activated.

In the following example, clicking on the Cell B20 in worksheet Sheet1 will play a BEEP.

Enter the following code in ThisWorkbook in the VB editor.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
Set mc = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(20, 2)
If ActiveCell.Address = mc.Address Then
Beep
End If
End Sub

Extra BEEPs can be added and a time delay added between extra BEEPs if necessary.

HTH