PDA

View Full Version : XP Crashes?

Fatcam
04-04-2003, 06:01 PM
I have recently built a P4 2.4ghz computer. It has a 300watt power supply. Every now and then the computer will all of a sudden reset itself with no warnings. It is becoming more and more frequent and occurs a lot when playing games. Now when I try playing a game the computer will reset itself after I have only played the game for only a couple of minutes. I have checked all the fans and the computer is not overheating at all. Any ideas will be much appreciated

cheers

godfather
04-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Go to Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup and Recovery Settings - untick "automatic restart"

This should give you the critical error, or at least some clues. By default XP restarts on a critical error, and you don't get to know what it was.

It does sound like its a graphics problem.

kiwibeat
06-04-2003, 08:17 AM
Get the latest XP compatible graphics drivers and reinstall

Susan B
06-04-2003, 10:02 AM
This is not my field of expertise but I am wondering if you may have a motherboard hardware monitor that is cutting in when your computer's temperature gets to the set maximum.

That happened to me once because the temperature setting was a bit low, but the computer completely froze on me, not reset, so I could be way off target.