PDA

View Full Version : OT - Who has posted the most topics or replies to topics?

somebody
04-04-2003, 05:43 PM
I'm just curious...

Who has posted the MOST number of topics or replies on PressF1? I am a relatively new user, so I'm out of the question.

Post the number of posts you've made to date here.

Mike
04-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Well just read the posts - everyone has the number of posts they've made under their name on each page. I think GF has made around 3 1/2 thousand.

Mike.

olldaddy76
04-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Chilling Silence has 3000+ A commendable amount BUT I don' think that is the purpose of this site....surely it is to HELP those of us who are less computer literate than others and also to update and advise the latest computer technology.....That is what for me makes it a site without parallel....

The Student
04-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Hi,

Don't forget that the number of posts already achieved from the already known and establishted Press F1 users, includes alot of chat postings and responses, postings made by themselves,and OT (Off Topics).

This is the reason why most of them have such a high number of posts.

Mike
04-04-2003, 10:42 PM
and there's also the many thousands of uncounted posts that the established members made during beta testing of the site and on the old site as well. The counts on this board at the moment only started June 21 last year.

Mike.

Chilling_Silence
05-04-2003, 10:21 AM
> Chilling Silence has 3000+ A commendable amount BUT I
> don' think that is the purpose of this site....surely
> it is to HELP those of us who are less computer
> literate than others and also to update and advise
> the latest computer technology.....That is what for
> me makes it a site without parallel....

As Honeylaser once told CyberChuck:
"We're after quality - Not quantity here!"

Thankfully I give both ;-)

I honestly dont believe its about how many youve posted - coz sometimes I can be here all day, sometimes I wont check in for a day or two, so for me coz Im online a lot, and know my fair share about the computing world, it only seems fitting that I post? I mean, If I think I can help - or add a comment to an OT post or whatever, then why not?

Everybody has to start somewhere, and most people come to these boards seeking help, and can turn into regulars :-)

I personally came here just before the new look was setup or whatever (Such a long time ago Ive forgotten...) and a week after.

I didnt really come back much for at least a month and a half when I realised how fullfilling it can be helping out some total stranger with their problems!

That's my ramble for the morning ;-)

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

olldaddy76
05-04-2003, 10:33 AM
"GOD FATHER" has 3000+ too and I guess there are many unsung others..Thanks to ALL who help those of us with a problem which to you may be SO Simple but to us is a HIGH mountain to overcome..
AND THANKS for Press F1..

somebody
05-04-2003, 11:15 AM
I guess we all owe a big thanks to all the people who give up their time to answer questions.

Baldy
05-04-2003, 02:11 PM
I don't think it really matters how many posts anyone has beside their name. Some of the best advise/help I have had is from the contributors with less than 50 posts.

As someone else said on this thread, some people use PressF1 to post OT messages and personal messages/conversations to the other regulars, as well as posting advise!

I would prefer it if there was no post tally actually, as that is the least important thing about PressF1

BALDY:-)

honeylaser
07-04-2003, 10:30 AM
> As Honeylaser once told CyberChuck:
> "We're after quality - Not quantity here!"

I've dreamt for years of the day that someone quoted me :D You're my favourite poster now, chillin' :D I think I was referring to post padding which is a futile and useless exercise which doesn't achieve anything except annoying those who have to sift through the pointless posts.

Luckily, that point got across pretty well, and no-one has tried it since.

While I'm posting - are we going to see any more prizes on offer? It's been a while (and I haven't yet got this months PC World so I can't check in there).