PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #44.....Callipygian.......We'll follow a theme for a week or two.....

Billy T
04-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Since Dasypygal seemed to strike a note of sorts, it seemed a good idea to explore a little more of the human condition. :D

Callipygian

kell-e-pidg-e-an

Having beautiful buttocks :)

Billy 8-{) ]:)

[pre][b]Pronunciation guide is an approximation
only, in case the purists amongst you climb
on my back. This is just for fun, remember. :8}

Graham L
04-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Something like cheeky?

Hugh Jardon
04-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Rather cheeky (http://sal.neoburn.net/pf1images/tokyo13.jpg). :D

Billy T
04-04-2003, 04:22 PM
:8}

Chilling_Silence
04-04-2003, 04:53 PM
lmcao

argus
04-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Can you be callipygian and steatopygous?
Depends on the taste of those close to you, I suppose.

Was Calypso callipygean? - or did she keep them eucalyptic?
(OT and vaguely Iraqi: If a euphonium sounds pleasant and a eucalyptus covers itself well, what is the Euphrates good at?)

I had an image of someone standing by her dovecotes encouraging the birds on the last lap home. Callipygean.

"You've been feeding the sky-rats again" (I forget where that line comes from).

Argus

argus
05-04-2003, 08:01 PM
I suspect the state of being callipygian is dependent not only on the buttock muscles themselves, but on the underlying bone structure, and fundamentally on the formation around puberty in females of the "innominate bone".

Why is it called the innominate bone? Because it hasn't got a name :-)

The bone (or bones; I assume one for each side) forms during the spreading of the female pelvis through fusion of the ileum, the ischium and the pubis.

Lots of nice words there.

One more: before a young lady aquires the framework to be callipygian, what adjective would you use to describe the more "straight-up-and-down" shape of her her hip and buttock area?

According to Vladimir Nabokov (yes, in that book), the appropriate adjective is "puerile". Latin; think about it. One of those words only English-as-a-second language writers would think of using in its original sense.

In view of the pelvis as framework for the good-looking stuff, I was rather hoping the P-half of the word, "pygis" - buttock, might go ultimately back to the root word "pyx" - in meaning and etymology akin to the English "box". But I can't find evidence of that in the dictionaries I've consulted. Pity.

Argus

PoWa
06-04-2003, 02:24 AM
uhh who cares

Chilling_Silence
06-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Well, we know who payed attention in biology!

try http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Callipygian

has pronounciation!

Billy T
06-04-2003, 04:46 PM
What are you trying to do to me Chill?

The cure is worse than the disease.:O Call that a pronunciation guide? It looks more like hieroglyphics to me.

Like Argus's somewhat arcane explanation, it take ones' mind away from the fundamental truth here:

A nicely shaped derriere is a thing of beauty, to be admired in any gender by those disposed to admire, regardless of gender.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Chilling_Silence
06-04-2003, 08:45 PM
> A nicely shaped derriere is a thing of beauty, to be
> admired in any gender by those disposed to admire,
> regardless of gender.
>

:D