PDA

View Full Version : FreeNet 0867 access in the Waikato?

Billy T
04-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi Team

Can anyone tell me if Freenet 0867 dial up access is available from Huntly?

I know it is available in Hamilton, but No. 1 daughter is going to stay the weekend with favourite luddite Aunty in Huntly who doesn't even have a computer and she wants to borrow my laptop so she can get on-line to do homework research. (Such dedication!)

Even if there isn't 0867 access, an alternative dial up number would be great. It is no use emailing FreeNet as they take days to answer, and there is nothing on their website other than the 0867 coverage.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Babe Ruth
04-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Billy_T,

FreeNet in Huntly uses the number (07) 902-5901

Cheers, Babe.

Babe Ruth
04-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Billy_T,

Sorry also meant to say see the FreeNet Local towns (http://www.free.net.nz/help_phonenumbersnew.asp) for more info.

Babe.

Billy T
04-04-2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks again Babe.

I'm buggered if I know how you found that because it took me ages to find the main centres even. It is not the most intuitive of web sites.

I've set it up in advance but it won't let me dial in to the Huntly connection from Auckland so I'll just have to see what happens when I get there tomorrow to deliver the goods!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

OldEric
04-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Greg
E-mail Address(es):
gja@internet.co.nz
Company: Allenmara computers

Email Greg he willprobably be happy to put you on the right path Billy.
He's one of the good guys in this world.

OldEric

OldEric
04-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Greg in Huntly

Maybe landline better at short notice 07 828 8480 before 5pm

OldEric

Billy T
08-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Well, it didn't work.

I could dial in to the local number, but logon was rejected with a "domain authorisation" error message. Looks like my logon & password were not accepted by the local server.

Unfortunately I didn't get the contact details you posted till too late OldEric, which was a pity because your mate Greg might have had the answer.

Bit of a bummer really. :(

Thanks to all who offered advice.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|