PDA

View Full Version : Divx Problems

enigma99n
04-04-2003, 01:36 AM
I have started to have problems with my DivX movies. They seem to 'lag'. It kinda pauses for a fraction of a second every several seconds or so.
It was not doing this last week and I can think of nothing that could have caused it. I have tried removing and re-installing to no avail.

Can any1 help?

kiwibeat
04-04-2003, 07:48 AM
try another divx movie or player like zoom player .
media player 9 is supposed to be a bit slower

tweak\'e
04-04-2003, 10:33 AM
sure we can help but it pays to include info like what sort of pc do you have, OS, ver of divx used, what player you are useing etc.

tho it sort of sounds like you have something running in the background.

Chilling_Silence
04-04-2003, 10:40 AM
I have to agree with them both.

Try the actual DivX Playa (With the latest 5.xx codecs), closing all open programs you possibly can!

DivX really needs a 300Mhz, but you can (If you try really hard) get it to go on a 233 if your PC is under-powered.

I hate using WMP for DivX, it just doesnt play as well as other players do!

enigma99n
04-04-2003, 12:08 PM
I have a Athlon 1400 with 256MB RAM (SD) running XP.

I use GDivX (Global DivX Player) and have tried using WMP. but they do the same thing. I have never before had a problem with GDivx.

I never use the one that comes with the codecs because it far too buggy for my liking.

Chilling_Silence
04-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Im still gonna suggest you use it, with DivX 5, the playa is pretty good!

Try another media player then.. I think WinAmp 2.90 supports DivX if you've installed the plugin (It supports AVI's so why not try it).

Id say there's other programs running that're killing it...

Try using the Playa and increasing the buffer and see if that helps, at least increase the time between jumps/skips.

Is it the one file or is it several?

Is it at the same place every time on the file?