PDA

View Full Version : Vigor 2600 ADSL Modem

Big John
03-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Well I finally got my Vigor 2600 ADSL modem in the mail and up and running. Very sexy machine and has 4 auto sensing 10/100 switch. It auto senses cable so no need to worry about cross over or straight. Will take either.
The modem is relatively easy to setup and seems loaded with feathures many of which I am sure I will never use.

Thanks to who ever put me on to it. It was some time ago. The problem I had was getting someone to ship to New Zealand. Finally I had to resort to a relative in Holland to buy it and send it over.

Russell D
03-04-2003, 09:26 PM
A local off the shelf Dynalink RTA300 works for me :-)

Big John
04-04-2003, 06:24 AM
A RTA220 works for me as well but the Vigor was cheaper even given the haslle of getting from Holland. Has far more features as well that can be used.

Vigor actively support their modems and are continually updating the firmware. I already found a bug in the 220 that will not allow tracert to work properly, UPnP does not work properly with XP SP1 installed. They say an update is coming but then so is christmas. Vigor would have fixed it by now and at least put a beta out that people could download.