PDA

View Full Version : Disable checking specific email in Outlook

sam m
03-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Hello,
I have been using Outlook Express for while and decided to go back to Outlook 2002.
In OE I have several email accounts (1 Main, 3 aliases using Xtra). In OE I am able to 'untick' include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing on the aliases so that it does not keep asking for passwords which wont work as they are only aliases.
Does anyone know how to do this in Outlook?

The problem that I have now is that whenever I check emails with Outlook, as there are 2 valid accounts, the "Enter Network Password" pops up. I tick the save password option but it makes no difference.

The alias uses the same main accounts username and password but I dont want Outlook to check this, simply put Outlook is checking my Xtra account twice and for some reason always asks to check the password. If I remove the alias then there is no problem.

any ideas? otherwise I will have to go back to OE which is not too bad for emails but I need to use calendar feature in Outlook.

thanks
sam m

sam m
03-04-2003, 11:03 AM
dont worry found it!

it was in tools and then 'send/receive settings', just in case someone else was wondering.

sam m

Jim B
03-04-2003, 11:19 AM
To receive only from a specific account go to Tools, Send/Receive, and choose the account from the submenu that appears.

If you don't want to receive password fail why set the account up.
Xtra alias addresses are sent to your main account so you only need to set this up with the account name and password and when you send/receive you will get mail sent to all your Xtra addresses.
You do not need to set up the alias in the mail program.

Other ISP's extra addresses have their own account name and password which allows you to set up an account for each and access them with their own password.

sam m
03-04-2003, 12:35 PM
Not sure how I came about this logic about my current settings but this is how it works for me.

If I dont set up the account with Outlook or OE then when I send an email it shows the "from" address as my main account. By setting up the aliases as accounts within Outlook then the 'from' address is actually my alias, and if that gets spammed I can always remove it.
Also, when I use 'alerts' I can set up the account so that when emails sent to 'alias' then only these will be sent to my mobile. I need this setup with my 2nd job so that I have the benefits of 2 accounts, separated and sorted without spending any extra or changing ISP's.

There probably is an easier way but this logic works (so far) for me now.

hope this makes sense.

sam m

Jim B
03-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Yes, that make sense..

Jim B
03-04-2003, 01:17 PM
If you set up all accounts in Outlook as you have now each with its own email address in the Email Address box so you can get them in the From field when you send an email but for each account make the User name and Password the same as your main Xtra account.
You will now be able to click on send/receive and download all mail without getting any password errors.