PDA

View Full Version : OT Chilling_Silence & Redhat 9.0

Gorela
03-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Hi Chill,

I just got an e-mail from nzlinuxer via his ihug a/c to say that he has downloaded the three CD set of Redhat 9.0 and it could be yours for a miserly $15+pp. I have read a couple of reviews though that basically said if you have 8.0 there isn't really anything to gain from an upgrade.

Still a new distro for $15 isn't to bad :) especially if you just want to have a play.

I've gone off Redhat as the earlier versions (7.2 & 7.3) kept trying to "phone home" and it reminded me to much of another OS supplier. ;) I'm waiting for a copy of the latest French OS to arrive all 8 CD's :P

Chilling_Silence
03-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Sounds good, If you could get me the contact details of the person, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Ive sorta gone off linux recently having the TV tuner card in doze, and my WLAN (Going up on Trademe today), but maybe this will re-kindle my affection for it (Maybe I should be a romance novel writer for geeks ;-)).

Thanks Gorela :-)

Chilling_Silence

BTW - Do you know what version of XFree it has?

nz_liam
03-04-2003, 10:58 AM
RedHat 9 is out :D, wicked cool, Linux-Shop is missing out.... Schedules new downloads immediately :D

nz_liam
03-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Um, just one question, where can I download RH9, I can't find it on the NZ mirror or any of the international mirrors either ?:|

Chilling_Silence
03-04-2003, 11:15 AM
See here:
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/5547

Gorela
03-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Howdy Chill,

I was obviously too cryptic with my original post ie got an e-mail from nzlinuxer via his ihug a/c.

So I suppose I break it down into nzlinuxer at ihug etc

As long as you stick to romance novels rather than detective, I could live with that ;)
Chill Wilder has a certain ring about it and your first book could be "Romancing the ROM" :D

bmason
03-04-2003, 04:13 PM
I grabbed mandrake 9.1 off the uni network yesterday and it was a nice improvement over 9.0 for thise interested.

The mandrake tools have had a make over making so they look more professional.

Plus the network/internet setup tool actually worked for me.

Chilling_Silence
03-04-2003, 08:30 PM
lol - Okay, okay... So sue me! ;-)

I dont get the Chill Wilder, but Im gonna assume that a famous writer had the last name wilder or something like that ;-)

Romancing the ROM - Has a nice ring to it...
Do I have to put your name in it if I use the title :p

I'll see about giving him an email, I might be able to get a copy off a friend who's got cable anyway :-)

Thanks Gorela!

Chilling_Silence