PDA

View Full Version : RE Zone Alarm

paradox
02-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi...I just loaded ZA free version 3.1.024. My previous version would load at startup and go straight to work just showing an icon in the programs running box at the bottom of the desktop. The new version starts by putting the "Overview" page all over the desktop and requires some fiddling to get the screen clear for work. I can't find an option that will make this work like the older version....does anybody know of one? Thanks for any help. Ken.

Pheonix
02-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Ive got the older version myself, and stopped the startup screen by going to start-programs-startup and right clicked on the ZA icon that was in there and chose properties. Then added at the end of the target -nosplash I dont know if it is the same, but worth a look.

Peter M
02-04-2003, 11:58 PM
I have version 3.7.098 downloaded in February 2003. Your version sounds fairly old. If you open zone alarm control panel, click on overview then preferences and check if the box is ticked for "Load zone alarm at start up" This is in the general section. Mine loads ok.

tweak\'e
03-04-2003, 12:02 AM
yes it would be an idea to download a new ver as the old 3.1 ver was quite buggy (3.7 ver seams to a bit better ;-) )

current ver is 3.7.159