PDA

View Full Version : Mailwasher - has gone Pro

-=JM=-
02-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I just went to check and see if there was a new release of Mailwasher out. I noticed that they've now gone Pro. So if you want to have a lot of good features you pay now.

*goes off searching for old beta installer on HDD*

stu140103
02-04-2003, 10:32 PM
> I just went to check and see if there was a new
> release of Mailwasher out. I noticed that they've now
> gone Pro. So if you want to have a lot of good
> features you pay now.
>
> *goes off searching for old beta on HDD*

I have all most all the old beta installer & non-beta version as well on my hdd. If any one wants MailWasher let me know I will upload it to my website. :)

-=JM=-
02-04-2003, 10:35 PM
That could come in handy.

Jester
02-04-2003, 10:39 PM
I recently put Mail Washer 2.0.19 on my site (short url renamed http://mailwash.vze.com) for some friends to download. I will leave it there for a few days if anyone else wants it.

J.
:D

stu140103
02-04-2003, 11:02 PM
> I recently put Mail Washer 2.0.19 on my site (short
> url renamed http://mailwash.vze.com) for some friends
> to download. I will leave it there for a few days if
> anyone else wants it.
>
> J.
> :D
Do you mind if I mirror that page????

Jester
03-04-2003, 12:12 AM
> Do you mind if I mirror that page????

Sure Stu.

I just moved it to Orcon from Paradise. It may not be as reliable there but I can leave it there longer (running out of room on my Paradise account).

J.
:D

Babe Ruth
03-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Note that the latest version of the free version of MailWasher 2.0.40 is available from MailWasherFree (http://www.mailwasher.net/download.php)

Babe.

Gordon.
03-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Mailwasher went to the Pro version about 2 or 3 weeks ago, if you were a paid customer of there's they sent out a message with the key code required with a free offer to download and install the paid Pro version for free.

On the surface there is not really much difference between the free and Pro version, what changes must all be in the background somewhere.

Nick is also expanding into other software as well as Mailwasher, off memory I cannot recall just what software it was.

Of course the free version will carry on working, just that there will be fewer updates available less often.

stu140103
03-04-2003, 10:28 AM
>
> > Do you mind if I mirror that page????
>
> Sure Stu.
>
> I just moved it to Orcon from Paradise. It may not
> be as reliable

It will be more reliable on orcon then on Paradise & faster downloads from orcon as well :)

Also I will put that mirror page up latter on tonight & I will post a link to it here.

-=JM=-
03-04-2003, 01:36 PM
> Note that the latest version of the free version of
> MailWasher 2.0.40 is available from
> MailWasher
> ree (http://www.mailwasher.net/download.php)
>
> Babe.

I did see that. Only problem I can see is the lack of multiple accounts and hotmail access.

Babe Ruth
03-04-2003, 02:01 PM
-=JM=-,
Hmmm I didn't notice that first up... I still have version 2.0.38b available which does include multiple accnts and Hotmail support, I moved to MailWasherPro on the 14th March along with Firetrust Benign as an upgrade... so if anyone still wants/needs the above version, which includes the fixes for WindowsXP issues, it can be made available. Just ask in this thread.

Cheers, babe.

-=JM=-
03-04-2003, 02:34 PM
I couldn't say no Babe :D

I might end up buying the Pro one soonish though.

Babe Ruth
03-04-2003, 02:40 PM
-=JM=-,

Post a disposable addy and I'll send it as a zip file labelled "mailwasher2b28.zip" or email me at babruth32 atthe hotmail dottything com for a copy.

Cheers, Babe.

-=JM=-
03-04-2003, 05:00 PM
jeremy@phat.co.nz will do fine.

BRING ON THE SPAM

Baldy
03-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Mailwasher is great. One thing that has always been of interest to me is if the bounced mail actually goes back to where it came from.

Baldy :-)

Jester
03-04-2003, 08:59 PM
> Mailwasher is great. One thing that has always been
> of interest to me is if the bounced mail actually
> goes back to where it came from.
>
> Baldy :-)

It does, and looks quite authentic. Try it - send mail to one of your own accounts and bounce it back to yourself. IP's and addys blocked out in the following example.

Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
The original message was received at Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:56:53 +1200
from unknown [XXX.X.XX.XXX]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<email@emailaddress.com>
(expanded from: <email@emailaddress.com> )

----- Transcript of session follows -----
mail.local: unknown name: email.user
550 <email@emailaddress.com>... User unknown

-=JM=-
03-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Cheers for that Babe 8-)

As for the bouncing. I think it will bounce back to who *appears* to send it. They didn't necessarily send it at all.

Babe Ruth
03-04-2003, 10:01 PM
-=JM=-,

No problem... glad to help

Cheers, Babe.