PDA

View Full Version : Can I copy driver files?

wotz
01-04-2003, 02:52 PM
I have a situation where 3 pc's are sharing a printer. All pc's are using XP pro. 2 of them have a problem with the printer whereby they seem to be sending a letter sized report and the printer only has A4. This causes an error on the printer. Printer is HP laserjet4550.

I have looked at all the printer settings and they look OK.

Is it possible to extract the driver from the 1 pc that has no problem and install it on the others?

whetu
01-04-2003, 03:02 PM
its a setting hidden deep within your printer properties, and at times it does revert back to letter.. i've had this problem before but keep forgetting how exactly i fixed it...

try your printers panel in control panel, go to the properties of your printer and then to the advanced tab. Then click on teh printing defaults button, and then the paper/quality tab, and then the advanced button *stops for air* change the default paper size to A4 and then apply the changes, also look for printing preferences and make the same change, and then just to hammer it home find the device settings tab (all the way back in printer properties) and change it there too...

wotz
01-04-2003, 05:42 PM
thanks whetu. I had only got 1 of the 3 changed