PDA

View Full Version : burning cds - blank tracks

dadzka
01-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Have a system running windows XP and using preinstalled HP Record Now programme (by Veritas??) to burn CDs. Have found when using downloaded MP3 tracs or when cloning a CD that upon playback ther are random "blank tracs" with no sound. When playing back, the elapsed timer clicks over but no sound is audible. Even when cloning the same CD more than once different tracs are silent so problem appears random. Sometimes burnt discs are 100% sometimes not. Is this an XP problem or is it a software problem and is there a fix.

Cheers

Chilling_Silence
01-04-2003, 02:36 PM
I would suggest that you try using Windows Media Player to burn Audio CD's for a wee while and see if that fixes it.

If it does, its a software issue, and I'd suggest you look into a replacement, such as Nero Burning ROM!

Otherwise, if its still doing it, its an OS setting perhaps, configuration of the hardware is incorrect, or simply the burner may be faulty.

I would be inclined to say its the first though, the software.

Let us know how you get on :-)

Chilling_Silence

dadzka
04-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks for info. My son has tried burning a CD using one of the other programmes we have (Musicmatch Jukebox) and says it appears OK but, as I said, the fault appears random & doesn't happen every time. Will use this to see if the problem reoccurs and if so will try Windows Media Player. Cheers

kiwibeat
05-04-2003, 09:35 AM
I personally use Nero and Clone CD both do a good job for backing up data

Trev0
05-04-2003, 10:00 AM
I've had no problems with my 'record now' prog with HP...have you got the latest record now patch?
If not try going to the HP (http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/siteHome.jhtml;jsessionid=IYEWT201RIUSVQEXGR5UPLQ? reg=nam&cc=us&pagetype=sitehome&lc=en) help site and type in your model no etc.

dadzka
08-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Thanks for your input - went to HP site and have downloaded upgrade of HP Record now to version 4.56. Will use this for a while and see if the problem persists. If it does, I will try the other programs I have installed such as Windows Media Player or Musicmatch Juke Box to overcome this glitch.

Cheers