PDA

View Full Version : How to identify CD's?

rugila
01-04-2003, 08:52 AM
What's the best thing to mark the top surface of CD's so as to identify them?
Can you use permanent felt markers from Whitcoull's, or is there something special needed?
And any suggestions on printing out the CD contents to include in the case for easy identification and contents - say like the CD's in the music shop.
I often (if burning a music CD with RealPlayer) use PRINTSCREEN key to copy the playlist, then paste it to to some image software (Irfan or Photoshop or whatever) and either resize it or print it snip it to size with scissors.
Is this the best way, or is there better?

tommy
01-04-2003, 09:20 AM
I use an OHP (OverHead Presentation) marker pen that is not spirit based. Takes a little while to dry but stays put otherwise. Use whatever method suits you to print out CD contents, there is no "best" way. MS Publisher has templates for creating CD case covers as has Nero though not as good. You may also find some templates on the internet.

Robby
01-04-2003, 09:26 AM
Gidday,

This is what I use for cd covers.http://www.acoustica.com/

cheers,

Robby

Jen C
01-04-2003, 06:03 PM
>What's the best thing to mark the top surface of CD's so as to identify them? Can you use permanent felt markers from Whitcoull's, or is there something special needed?

I got told that permanent felt markers had too much solvent in them and could seep through the CD and cause damage.

I ended up buying from Dick Smith Electronics a pack of 4 Staedtler Lumocolor permanent markers that are safe for CD's [pack consists of black, blue, red & green pens] - about $14.95.

Cheers
Jen

Baldy
01-04-2003, 09:05 PM
> >What's the best thing to mark the top surface of
> CD's so as to identify them? Can you use permanent
> felt markers from Whitcoull's, or is there something
> special needed?
>
> I got told that permanent felt markers had too much
> solvent in them and could seep through the CD and
> cause damage.
>
> I ended up buying from Dick Smith Electronics a pack
> of 4 Staedtler Lumocolor permanent markers that are
> safe for CD's [pack consists of black, blue, red &
> green pens] - about $14.95.
>
> Cheers
> Jen

Vivid markrers a perfectly OK........... Jen, it wasn't solvent it was a chemical called Zylene which has been removed from markers due to possible brain damage if sniffed)

Elephant
01-04-2003, 09:12 PM
I use a DATS Permanent Marker 070 "Xylene free"

This works for me. I only suggest you not use a ball point pen. ;-)