PDA

View Full Version : TPL File assosications dont go with Dreamweaver

Kibito
30-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Hi all

Quite a simple yet mysterious problem

I have dreamweaver.

I have TPL files which are used in things such as php forums.

Anyway I have win2k pro etc etc and Dreamweaver 5. So I open a tpl file I go open with and I click dreamweaver and check the always open with this program.

And BAM! None of the tpl files associate to dw and get the dw icon. Everytime I have to go through the irritating process of open with etc etc. And through dreamweaver it always goes, theres no associated program to view this file when I've already TOLD the Comp that DW is the associated program.

What the hells wrong?

cyberchuck
30-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Hey

Have you opened My Computer > Tools > Folder Options
Clicked on the File Types tab and had a look around there
in the .TPL extension isn't in there you could always enter it in (find the DOC extension or something like that and copy all the information from there, replacing Word with wherever Dreamweaver is located)

Otherwise you could do it via the registry?

CyberChuck

-=JM=-
30-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Is there a way from inside dreamweaver to associate them?

Kibito
30-03-2003, 10:18 PM
well actually I've done everything except mess with the registry.

What I dont get is why it doesnt do what it should

How do I do it via registry?

sal
31-03-2003, 12:24 AM
i think ive done the same thing as you, but with txt files, id rather them open up in notepad (which is actually just a renamed metapad executable), now i have to instead open them with editplus, which is kinda annoying, cos the association just wont stick

also, does anyone know how to make un associated files open with notepad by default? my settings somehow have been jumbled, and it doesnt (helpfully) do this anymore,

grtz sal.
tga

Kibito
31-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Yea does anyone know how to make the assocations "stick" ?