PDA

View Full Version : CAD

Thomas01
30-03-2003, 11:51 AM
I am very interested in CAD programs and have tried most of the big ones. I use DCWIN mainly which is excellent - fairly easy to learn (providing you have some years experience as a draftsman). I also like trying out other programs particularly shareware. DCWIN unfortunately does not use long file names (written for Win3.1) but can be carried on one floppy, is incredibly fast, and cheap.
Any suggestions for programs I should be looking at which are similar in specification but can use long file names.

Graham L
30-03-2003, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't any which use long file names not be "on one floppy ... incredibly fast, and cheap"? :D

Muzzy
31-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Delta Cad found from google search. Is trial but if you keep the exe. , when trial finished (45 days) save your work to another file before end of valuation period and reload program again. easy as easy.

Jen C
31-03-2003, 02:08 PM
If you have already tried most of the big ones, you may have already seen TurboCAD. If not, there are some "try before you buy" and "time locked" programs here at IMSI's Free Download Center (http://www.imsisoft.com/free/). I imagine they don't come under the "small file" catergory. ;-)

There was a free fully working version of TurboCAD v7.1 available on the Australian PC Authority August 2002 cover disk. (Not compatible with XP though).

raddersnz
31-03-2003, 05:50 PM
> when trial finished (45 days)
> save your work to another file before end of
> valuation period and reload program again.
Trouble is, the registry will likely remember that there was a program with a trial period which expired with the same name and same distinguishing features. If so, then when you reload it, it will continue to count down from where it was up to ( if there was any time left ).
You may be able to circumvent this by creating a restore point before you install it, and revert back to that point after you have removed the program. You should then have a fresh start agian on the trial period.

NOT
> easy as easy.
But close

Radz:p

Thomas01
31-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Yep - guess you're right. I will keep on using DCWIN which is everything most could wish for except for long file names.

Thomas01
31-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Thanks - I have a copy of Turbo CAD but not impressed.

Muzzy
31-03-2003, 06:59 PM
easy as easy is the case. I have used this method to keep Delta CAD fully operational for over 14 lots of 45 day trial period without a single glitch, and I am running the dreaded king of glitche.s Win ME on a PC Company Comp (that orta get them goin) with system restore turned off. I say again...EASY AS EASY...and its small and works on my old ktx 486 100MHZ laptop with 700mb of disc space and 8meg RAM with only floppy drive. Ill chuck a copy on my web site for you to download if ya like or just go to Delta CAD .com 4 free trial download (without reg.setting memory).