PDA

View Full Version : Cannot record sound (HP Pavilion 510, Win XP)

John Turvey
29-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. Have had the computer for a year but have never tried to record sound. When I record using sound recorder nothing is recorded at all. Sound level indicator shows nothing. Have tried two Microphones (one built into Monitor, and another) with the same result. The control panel hardware settings show the presence of a sound input device so am at a loss to figure out what to do next so I can record sound.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am no guru, so please keep it simple.

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

John

godfather
29-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Look under the sounds settings.

Loot at properties, advanced.

You should be able to view the Microphone input slider.
Make sure the Mute is not ticked. Or in some versions of Windows, its "Select" which should be ticked.

Robby
30-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Gidday John,

I own the the same computer HP 510a and had the same problem.

There appears to be a small glitch 1 +20dbgain. real simple to fix, double click the sound card icon in the systemtray, to open the volume controls.

Click the advanced button on the microphone volume control, and remove the tick from 1 +20dbgain and click close, and close the volume controls. Now repeat the procedure, and put the tick back in 1 +20dbgain

Worked for me, after a lot of fooling around. Incedently, an update of the driver, didnt fix it either.

good luck,

Robby