PDA

View Full Version : Click here if you have trouble with ms intellimouse

TiMę:*)
29-03-2003, 02:29 PM
I got the ms Internet keyboard and the intellimouse that came with it. and some times; now its most of all the time: it locks up, the cursor jerks around, and it scrolls the scroll by it self.

Is any one using the same mouse as I having same prob? Or is it just my mouse :(

All this started when I had winME, It got so bad I switch to xp, but now after i installed SP1 games apps and few months gone by, Im having problems with my mouse again.

It could be the plug, its kinda loose, I just tilled it downwards and outwards abit and so far, no prob, hope that fixes it.

blah, some one plz help me, im lost.

Tim

Jen C
29-03-2003, 07:29 PM
> It could be the plug, its kinda loose, I just tilled
> it downwards and outwards abit and so far, no prob,
> hope that fixes it.

Hmmm .... sounds like you already know what the problem is and how to fix it. If it continues, you may need a new mouse.

whetu
29-03-2003, 08:46 PM
what version of mouse have you got?

i know quite a few people (myself included) who have had that problem with the intellimouse optical 1.0

i upgraded to the 1.1A (swapped with a friend who was using it on his server box, so it wasnt exactly a high-use mouse) and havent had a single problem :)

Baldy
29-03-2003, 11:24 PM
How long do the batteries last in those wireless Intellimouses?

Thomas
30-03-2003, 12:12 AM
I have one,probably not your problem,but if surface is at all shiny tends to act rather odd.

30-03-2003, 04:05 PM
?????? My mouse isnt wireless and it has a ball and a scroll. heres the exact model name IntelliMouse 1.3A Oooh, My mouse still jumps around witth the plug tilted abit :( still problem

30-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Can I phone Microsoft and ask if other people with my model have the same probs? Would microsoft swap my mouse with a new mouse if im not the only one with a faulty mouse? I've tryed my friends non scroll mouse (not microsoft) on my computer and I have no prob with his mouse.

dammm

Thomas
30-03-2003, 06:06 PM
You could try the Pied Piper,he is good at sorting mouse problems.

30-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Im serious, my mouse is really screwed. Ahhh why is it only me!!

Tim

Thomas
30-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Why not get one of these optical sensor jobbies?

31-03-2003, 03:30 PM
>Why not get one of these optical sensor jobbies?
My mouse came in a set with my Key board, It wont look rite with another mouse; !!!MONEY!!!. My cuz got a new comp with a lazer instead of a ball :*( lucky. Im goin to try my mouse on her comp, see if its my mouse thats causing all the trouble or something else. Ooooh when my mouse freezes, I put my comp on sleep mode and take it out again and then it unfreezes. daaam, as Im typing this, my mouse is frozen; Its not working as im typin: piece of shite.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim:*)

Gordon.
31-03-2003, 04:01 PM
If it is under warranty then you could take the keyboard and mouse back to the shop and see what they have to say.

Does sound like you have a faulty plug or connection between the mouse and the computer.

31-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Right now Im at my cuz house on here computer with my mouse, and it works perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You're right, It could be the plug between the computer and the mouse. I did get my motherboard not long ago when I swith cause of something wrong. I don't think I can get My motherboard replaced cause my warranty did expire just the beginning of this year, do you think I can still get it replaced for free?

Tim

Baldy
31-03-2003, 07:54 PM
> >Why not get one of these optical sensor jobbies?
> My mouse came in a set with my Key board, It wont
> look rite with another mouse; !!!MONEY!!!. My cuz got
> a new comp with a lazer instead of a ball :*( lucky.
> Im goin to try my mouse on her comp, see if its my
> mouse thats causing all the trouble or something
> else. Ooooh when my mouse freezes, I put my comp on
> sleep mode and take it out again and then it
> unfreezes. daaam, as Im typing this, my mouse is
> frozen; Its not working as im typin: piece of
> shite.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Tim:*)

Do you use your mouse to type Tim..... How can your keyboard make your mouse freeze?

There is a certain way you have to install those intelli mice? Did you follow the instructions properly?????

Baldy
31-03-2003, 07:57 PM
> Right now Im at my cuz house on here computer with my
> mouse, and it works
> perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You're
> right, It could be the plug between the computer and
> the mouse. I did get my motherboard not long ago when
> I swith cause of something wrong. I don't think I can
> get My motherboard replaced cause my warranty did
> expire just the beginning of this year, do you think
> I can still get it replaced for free?
>
> Tim

If the mouse works on your sisters computer, then there is nothing wrong with it. It is your computer. Not the mouse. Stop hasselling the mouse

01-04-2003, 06:38 PM
>If the mouse works on your sisters computer, then there is nothing >wrong with it. It is your computer. Not the mouse. Stop hasselling the >mouse

I've found the problem!!!!!! My mouse wire is screwed up the surface of my mouse wire been neglected and scrached agains my desk. I started to have trouble with my mouse ay my cuz's house after I was moving the wire out of my way, this made the problems start. right now Im on my own computer with here mouse and it works fine, so I know its not my computer, its my mouse wirre :*) glad I found the prob.

My wire looks all screwed up. I see what I can do to patch it up now:)

Tim

01-04-2003, 06:41 PM
> > >Why not get one of these optical sensor jobbies?
> > My mouse came in a set with my Key board, It wont
> > look rite with another mouse; !!!MONEY!!!. My cuz
> got
> > a new comp with a lazer instead of a ball :*(
> lucky.
> > Im goin to try my mouse on her comp, see if its my
> > mouse thats causing all the trouble or something
> > else. Ooooh when my mouse freezes, I put my comp
> on
> > sleep mode and take it out again and then it
> > unfreezes. daaam, as Im typing this, my mouse is
> > frozen; Its not working as im typin: piece of
> > shite.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Tim:*)
>
> Do you use your mouse to type Tim..... How can your
> keyboard make your mouse freeze?
>
> There is a certain way you have to install those
> intelli mice? Did you follow the instructions
> properly?????

hahehehahhah, I mean; "As Im typing, my mouse is frozen" my typing didnt cause the freeze, Im just saying that My mouse just freeze, and Im typing. sorry, cant explain anything.

Tim