PDA

View Full Version : Office 2000

tregartha
28-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Unable to Uninstall Disk 2 which I need to do so I can reinstall
Disk one has uninstalled and reinstalled fine but keep getting message saying no disk space on D drive(CD ROM drive ).
Want to install on C drive but unable to do so
Ideas?

tweak\'e
28-03-2003, 09:34 PM
what exactly are you trying to do. office is basiclly part of the OS so its impossible to remove. there is repair optoins however.

stu140103
28-03-2003, 10:00 PM
> what exactly are you trying to do. office is basiclly
> part of the OS so its impossible to remove.

That is not true sorry :( office is like any other app.

stu140103
28-03-2003, 10:06 PM
> Unable to Uninstall Disk 2 which I need to do so I
> can reinstall
> Disk one has uninstalled and reinstalled fine but
> keep getting message saying no disk space on D
> drive(CD ROM drive ).
> Want to install on C drive but unable to do so
> Ideas?

Like what tweak'e is saying what exactly are you trying to do???? Why do you want to uninstalled & reinstall office 2000???? Are they problems with it???? If so just use the repair options it is a whole lot easy

Merlin
28-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Corrupt installation or the installation has become corrupted

Do a manual removal of the MS Office folder - including disk 1
Backup the registry and then do a manual removal of all "Office" entries.
Reboot
Reinstall starting with Disk 1 and then do Disk 2
Check the installation after installing each disk and repeat if necessary.

Usually caused by a corrupt installation that appears fine.
Can also be caused by a corrupt installation of Windows.

tweak\'e
28-03-2003, 11:36 PM
sorry my bad. you can't uninstall office if you have removed windows ;-) (which can happen if office is installed on a seperate partition)

The Student
29-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Hi,

Why don't you just put the 2nd CD into the cdrom and just click uninstall?? This CD only has a few programs; Publisher, Business Manager, Clipart and so forth...

Or just go to Microsoft Ofice Website and use the Microsoft Office Installer Clean up tool....

tregartha
31-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Thanks but been there done that
Have Windows 98 1st edition + Office 2000 professional.
Uninstalled disk 1 but could not uninstall 2.
Re Installed 1 successfully but on inserting 2 could neither repair or reinstall.
Program would start ie accept conditions but when I came to location it kept wanting to install in D drive(CD rom drive) rather than C drive. when clicked on browse computer would not respond so I could change location. I have repeated this exercise 3 times but same result.
The Office disk are genuine ones which I have the license for.

Any ideas?
Regards

tregartha
31-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the reply
Originally both disks installed fine but then part of 2(publisher etc) got wiped in error.
Uninstalled 1 successfully and reinstalled fine.
Disk 2 would not uninstall message appeared saying no disk space as D was full. D is my DVD/CD rom drive( not a writer drive).
Disk 2 will load but I only get so far whether I ask for install or repair mode.
Get as far as license acceptance thence it indicates location to save is D. I click on browse to change location to C but computer will not action
Any ideas?
Thanks

tregartha
31-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks will go to website
Have already tried the first

tregartha
31-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the reply
Originally both disks installed fine but then part of 2(publisher etc) got wiped in error.
Uninstalled 1 successfully and reinstalled fine.
Disk 2 would not uninstall message appeared saying no disk space as D was full. D is my DVD/CD rom drive( not a writer drive).
Disk 2 will load but I only get so far whether I ask for install or repair mode.
Get as far as license acceptance thence it indicates location to save is D. I click on browse to change location to C but computer will not action
Any ideas?
Thanks

Billy T
31-03-2003, 10:56 AM
This is a bit out of my league, but how about doing a registry search for references to your D drive and deleting any that relate to Office? If it keeps asking to save to D that request can only really be coming from the Registry.

Back up the registry first and then you will come to no harm if you do something wrong. However since D is your DVD/CD the worst that could happen is that you lose access to some programs you run from CD.

This is yet another argument for drive imaging. These problems simply don't happen if you keep a current good drive image.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

The Student
01-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Hi Tregartha,

I have probably one but last hope...

You would have to edit the Registry though. I don't have Office 2000 any more, but when I went into problems, I did use this ...

"IMPORTANT:" Always backup your Registry before modifying.

Click the Start button
Go to Run
Type Regedit

Click the + Sign of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory
click the + sign of SOFTWARE directory
click the + sign of Microsoft directory
Click the + sign of Windows directory
click the + sign of Curren Version directory
click the + sign of Uninstall Directory

Once your at the uninstall directory look for Microsoft Office 2000 Disc 2 on the right pane (Window). Once you see it, then your in the right place.

Now look for a value called INSTALLSOURCE. (If the install source points to D) then all you need to do is just double click the value and change it to C:\

Click OK.

Press F5 (To Refresh)

Now try and install again.....

If that doesn't work, try this:
Look for a value called ProductID
Rename this value to: "OldProductID" (Without the quotes)
Now Press F5

Now open up any MS Office 2000 program eg.Powerpoint and you would be required to fill in the details. You will have to reactivate your Product ID Key for confirmation. If the key is unsuccessful, if you have another one, then just perform the earlier steps again.

I could of created a registry script, but yet again, on some PCs the directory names for Office 2000 are different.

Lets hope that this will fix your problem. Otherwise, keep trying and let us know your situation.

Cheers.

Billy T
01-04-2003, 05:30 PM
That's great Student

That is exactly what I was thinking, only I didn't have the experience to flesh it out. I have only ever changed disk references when adding partitions changed the drive letter for some programs.

Now, let's hope it helps the current problem.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

tregartha
02-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks student
Another respondent had suggested checking my registry which I had to do a few weeks ago when I had a problem with my anti-virus program(Panda)
I suspect the problem stems from about 9 months ago when I had my D drive joined with my C drive( Had 3 Gb on D and 7 Gb on C.) The tech who did it made C drive 10Gb and D took over CD rom(used to be E drive)
Regards