PDA

View Full Version : >>>>removal

Thomas
28-03-2003, 06:29 PM
How do we remove this lot from our mail?
<<<<<blah blah
>>>>>>bleep bleep
I am refering to the >>>> not the blah.
Thanks folks.

Gorela
28-03-2003, 06:58 PM
The >> is caused by people forwarding messages. Each > is the next person forwarding it.

So, if you were hoping to remove the > from messages you have received there is no easy way. If you don't want to send the > instead of choosing "reply to" copy and paste the message into a new email message. This avoids the > which merely denotes a copied message.

Bazza
28-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Hi Thomas.. Despite what you've been told, there is an easy way..

It was discussed on a PF1 thread here:

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=32625&message=142385&q=ecleaner#142385

It is an excellent application to remove those <<<<

Billy T
28-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Didn't you see These Threads (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=33055) Thomas?

All your answers are contained within.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Thomas
28-03-2003, 07:56 PM
>URL http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/internet/e_mail/clean201.EXE

I did Billy,but how was I to find them when I needed them?
You are all very kind,thank you for info.

Bazza
28-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Yes, Thomas, Billy was kind. so you ask, how do you find them.. for a start searching is the way to go..

Search firstly here on the PF1 forum.. Very many topics have been discussed & solved on PF1..

Then the google search will give you more information..

Good luck..

Thomas
28-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Bazza,could you tell me how to put that question into google>>.

I assumed there was a quick way to find previous post and I knew Billy would no how to find it,if there was,he would then very kindly tell me his secret.;)

Billy T
28-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Memory Thomas, memory.

I knew that my old post had been mentioned in a more recent post (last few days) so I scrolled down the page until I got to it, which wasn't very far, opened it, copied the URL, pasted it into a reply, added the tags to let you click on it to open, and Bob's your uncle. Took all of two minutes.

Alternatively I use the PF1 search engine at the top of the page. It will produce results by poster's name, subject matter and/or dates. It works well but you sometimes have to try different search terms to get what you want.

Glad to have been of service.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

Thomas
28-03-2003, 09:11 PM
I have already tried program and it works a treat.I am afraid the only memory I have Bill is 512 thingies.

Billy T
29-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the Club Thomas :8}

I dream of possessing 512 or 1024 thingie memory capacity, but most of the time I'm stuck at 256, except for irrelevant information like previous posts.

Unfortunately, in common with many of her gender, Mrs T possesses gigabytes of selective but unerasable RAM, with a built-in instant search facility. :(

Past transgressions are automatically assigned to the top of the stack, while good deeds have a half-life measured in minutes.

It's been a slow day. :|

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

Thomas
29-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Funny you should say that,

My Mrs T has the same ram problems,did you get yours from PC Company?;)

E.ric
29-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Can you not open with word processor that has "find & replace" it always works great for me

Just
Find : >>>
and replace with blank space.

I think WordPad (should be with windows) & MetaPad (a free download) will both do it.

Baldy
29-03-2003, 10:10 PM
I must try a remember to reply to this thread tomorrow. Hopefully the wool I tied round my finger will still be there in the morning.

Thomas
29-03-2003, 11:02 PM
As long as it round your finger,it will be there;)

Thomas
29-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks E. will give it a go.

Billy T
30-03-2003, 11:43 AM
That works OK E.ric, but with limitations.

There are usually variable numbers of >>> present so it can take two or three passes to fix it. Also it doesn't fix line breaks, odd spacing sequences and similar nuisance stuff.

Using Clip case sorts the lot in one hit.

Saves time if you need to do this sort of thing regularly.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)