PDA

View Full Version : OT: anyone got a zoom lens for a camera?

agent
27-03-2003, 09:05 PM
A still camera that is, and it's an SLR camera too. Though if there's a lens for digital camera that works on SLR ones too, well that's fine.

What I'm wanting, is to borrow it (hell, if you want, you can come along with me to make sure I don't damage it or anything). I'm in Auckland. Preferably want a zoom lens that can go further than the unaided human eye. Reasonably further.

Please. Help a poor little child like me. Only need it for one night, to take a photo of Sky Tower.

Billy T
27-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Agent

Camera mounts for lenses are proprietary and sometimes model-specific as well. You will need to specify the make and model of camera.

Adapters can be used to fit universal lenses to different types of cameras, but I'm not sure if adapers are available to fit one manufacturer's lense to the camera of a different manufacturer. i.e. Nikon to Canon etc.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

agent
27-03-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm sure it's a Nikon. Very sure. Don't know of the model number, but if it's any help, it's a manual wind, has time-lapse capability (in 1, 2, 4, 8 seconds, might be more), is all black... ummm with a non-smooth surface (ie, it's kind of a mottled feel). Also takes a polarising filter.

Billy T
27-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Hmmm................

That describes just about every Nikon ever made. I suggest you do a Google search on the model number and/or searching for Nikon lense mount types.

Alternatively you could gain some certainty by visiting your nearest professional camera shop (not just film developers, but a shop run by photography enthusiasts) and asking them.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Billy T
27-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Bugger X-(

Cancel doesn't work after you click "Post Message".

Sorry Agent, I know you don't have the model number, it looks like it's the camera shop for you.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)