Chris Randal
27-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Not bad - but it does contain spyware

Robby
27-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Gidday,

I been using incredimail for sometime now, and have found it to be
great.

The upside is that it contains heaps of graphics, sounds, and moving bits to make your e-mails more enjoyable to others. There are also more graphics that can be downloaded off the net. all of it is free, although paying for incredimail does open a few other doors. There is no spyware, and the recipitent of your e-mail does not require incredimail to enjoy what you have sent.

The downside is that it is quite big at over 5mb to install, it uses up quite a bit of your computers resouces to operate properly. It does have a few adverts tucked up in the right corner, although, personally, I dont find them intrusive. Finaly, some business e-mail addresses, wont accept the html format that incredimail uses for e-mail, but you can get around it by sending as 'plain text.

Good luck,

Robby

nz_liam
27-03-2003, 06:31 PM
> Not bad - but it does contain spyware

I agree, it looks pretty dodgy to me.

Bazza
27-03-2003, 11:10 PM
For information & opinions, try a search here on PF1 for "Incredimail"

Also a google search for "Incredimail problems" is interesting.

It seems many users have had big problems, even with uninstalling satisfactorily.

tweak\'e
27-03-2003, 11:26 PM
do you really need all the fancy stuff in your emails ??

a lot of buisnesses strip all that out when receiving it, people on slow internet connections hate it (html emails) cause it takes so much longer to download the emails and not all people have html turned on in their email clients.

Thomas
28-03-2003, 12:42 AM
I have it,find it vaguely amuseing and don't use it much.

Susan B
28-03-2003, 09:30 AM
> I was wondering if anybody has used Incredimail & if so is it any good

For whom? The sender or the recipient?

For the sender it would be great fun. It wastes heaps of time playing around trying to find the perfect background and the perfect font for displaying your message. It brings out creative and artisitic (or otherwise) abilities that you never knew you had. Writing letters was never more fun!! And when have nothing to write about anyway the recipients won't notice because they will be so dazzled by the fantastic graphics and animations instead.

For the recipients they either love them or they hate them. If they are your family they will likely be impressed. If they are your friends - well you will have to find out for yourself. If they are your business contacts forget it, they will not be amused.

Personally they annoy the hell out of me with the time they take to download and the space they take up if I want to keep the messages. I would far rather receive plain text emails full of news any day.

Oh, and my father-in-law had to uninstall his Incredimail because it corrupted some of his programs and they would no longer work properly. hehehe

rmcb
28-03-2003, 09:49 AM
I have heard that is uses the Outlook Express engine.
That means all the outlook security/virus spreading problems as well.

Chris Randal
28-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Sorry Robby there is spyware.....and it affects the registry.

My wife installed it and I uninstalled it...........

The Adaware 6.0 scan done shortly afterwards found incredimail components in the registry.....

Kiwitas
28-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Hi rdee,
One of the reasons I dropped Incredimail was this clause in their EULA
below!

I have been using"Foxmail" for past year and find it excellent!
It is a chinese app(in English)and you will find address at Google.

"10. UNSOLICITED MATERIALS
Any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material submitted or sent to IncrediMail, including without limitation via any Message sent by You through the Service, Site, or IncrediMail's physical mail and e-mail addresses, or in any other way, will be deemed to be not confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to IncrediMail or by posting information on any portion of the Service you (a) Warrant that you have all rights of any kind to the material and that to the best of your knowledge no other party has any rights to the material; and (b) Grant IncrediMail an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the material, and you further agree that IncrediMail is free to use any ideas, know-how, concepts or techniques you send us or post on the Service for any purpose, without any compensation to you or any other person."

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

honeylaser
28-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Pros

Pretty pictures
Colourful and entertaining
Easy to install/setup
Can check multiple POP3 accounts

Cons
Resource hog
Contains spyware
EULA (see post above)
Not all people can receive Incredimail images etc
Not all people WANT to receive Incredimail images etc
Creates large emails which hog space in other people mailboxes
Advertising on the end of each email
Hard to remove
Doesn't support standard email keyboard shortcuts
Can't send in-text graphics to other email applications (ie Outlook)
Bad spellcheck engine
People report increased SPAM
No support

rdee
28-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Thankyou for your reply I have downloaded Incredimail--with confidence--& it looks good CHEERS rdee

Thomas
28-03-2003, 09:09 PM
>Thankyou for your reply I have downloaded Incredimail--with confidence--& it looks good CHEERS rdee

Funny that, I have the impression from these posts that it might not be a good idea to have Incredimail,so I deleted mine,it would seem we see what we want to see;)

rdee
28-03-2003, 09:10 PM
I am VERY nervous now will think again pressf1 triumps again rdee

Ladybug
28-03-2003, 09:13 PM
I have incredimail and haven't had any problems.

Thomas
28-03-2003, 09:27 PM
>I am VERY nervous now will think again pressf1 triumps again rdee

I don't think it as bad as all that:^O

Bazza
28-03-2003, 09:57 PM
Goodness Thomas: have you read & understood all the previous posts.

The origingal poster asked about Incredimail..and many answered with informed information. Most of which was negative.

maybe you didn't !

maybe you should !

beetle
28-03-2003, 10:39 PM
hi

i have incredimail, but for ages have not used it as my main default email thing, because it causes me lots of overload and error problems, and it also freezes and loses all me email onfo (the current letter i may have been writting) and if i havent saved it its gone! i now use it only for outgoing mail messages.
i do enjoy making them up but only use it on special occasions,
(birthdays,moving house, and new arrivals etc).
for most people it is a good problem free program, but there are others out there that have major problems, (like myself). had stuffed up a lot of progams i use, and general running problems.
but it is all up to the user,
and you should be aware of who would like to receive this sort of mail.

some people will always love it and some people will always hate it.

nobodys perfect and i have not yet come across a program that is either.

up to you the individual and what fits your needs.

bye
beetle

Thomas
28-03-2003, 10:52 PM
>Goodness Thomas: have you read & understood all the previous posts.

The origingal poster asked about Incredimail..and many answered with informed information. Most of which was negative.

No doubt about you Bazaa,you do get your wires crossed,I did tell her I had deleted mine,then she sounded nervous,I just wanted to reasure her that the end of the world would not come if she HAD downloaded it.

mikebartnz
29-03-2003, 12:21 AM
>The upside is that it contains heaps of graphics, sounds, and moving bits to make your e-mails more enjoyable to others.
Sorry but I would change that to being a pain in the ass to others as well as being a problem to many sites you might Email to.
>>and the recipitent of your e-mail does not require incredimail to enjoy what you have sent.
But it gets blocked at many sites because of all the crap.
Quite frankly I find the eye candy is a waste of time.

dcmorrowusa
27-02-2008, 04:05 PM
:rolleyes: The EULA is NO Big Deal. It only applies to email sent to the company/technical support of Incredimail and is common in Corporate EULAs.
Personally, I am one of those people who do not care for IncrediMail. Other members of my family Swear by it and have used it for years. I recommend getting the Premium version as it comes with VIP support and other perks for about $19.00 US. The biggest advantage, in my opinion, is that it gets people comfortable with using email. Familys and kids love it. It's a lot of fun and I would recommend it for the average user.

To Each His Own

wratterus
27-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, thats almost spam, and the thread is almost 5 years old....

But seeing you brought the subject up...Incredimail sucks ! :lol:

Ninjabear
27-02-2008, 05:21 PM
I remember it took me 5 mins to read an email thru dialup.Man it was slow

dugimodo
28-02-2008, 02:19 PM
My sister and her partner have used it for years, they like it.

Myself I never saw the point. You can add backgrounds and colourfull fonts to outlook express if you want to, it's not particularly difficult, and you can probably find a way of adding animated icons or emoticons etc if you really want.

beeswax34
28-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Finally an answer to a 5yr old thread. Now I can judge Incredimail :lol: