PDA

View Full Version : Outlook XP: Arrrghhhh!!!!!

craig_b
27-03-2003, 11:51 AM
In outlook XP is it possible to remove forever the bar that appears at the top of the preview pane telling me to click here to remove line breaks and to click here to find related messages?

I did find out how to stop it from removing the line breaks, but it still tells me they are there, I don't care, i want to see the email as it was sent without any clicks!!!

Basically what I am after is the outlook 2000 look all over again - in fact truth be told if I was a local admin on my box office xp would be straight out the window!!!

Cheers,
Craig.

honeylaser
27-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Go to: Tools/Options/Preferences/Email Options

Uncheck the "remove extra line breaks" checkbox.

Ta-Da!

honeylaser
27-03-2003, 12:04 PM
> I did find out how to stop it from removing the line
> breaks, but it still tells me they are there, I don't
> care, i want to see the email as it was sent without
> any clicks!!!

Oh, sorry - just reread your question. I have a feeling that the new setting will only affect new emails coming in, not existing emails unless you click the yellow box. Does that not work at all?

craig_b
27-03-2003, 12:16 PM
If i take that tick out, all it does is stop automatically removing them - it still tells me they are there, even in new emails - also I want the bar that lets me find related emails gone, as most of my emails go out with no subject this is worse than useless as it just finds all them emails in my folders!

Cheers,
Craig.