PDA

View Full Version : A Happy PC Company Customer

Pauline
26-03-2003, 10:52 PM
I am a happy PC Company customer. There was one problem only that we had & it was a dead mouse. The shop happily gave us a loan one till their order of mice came in. We have had the computer since September 2001.
We have win ME. XP Small Business software which was 2002 versions of Word, Excel, Publisher & Outlook.
What I liked with the PC Company was their options on software.
My friend got a computer at around the same time from a well known shop with ME but the software that came with theirs was 2000 versions & a smaller hard drive & no CD writer.
We have not tried to make any changes to the system.
In our case we were not clever enough to build a computer so are happy with our choice.
Pauline.

robo
27-03-2003, 08:09 AM
Thank you, Pauline.
It is hard to get a balanced view sometimes as only those with problems ever make a noise.
robo.

Thomas
27-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Yes thank you Pauline,often wondered what a balanced view was,it's some one who is happy with the goods and service they receive.

argus
27-03-2003, 12:21 PM
> There was one problem only that we had & it was a dead mouse.

The severity of that depends on where it was; inside the cabinet they can be a bit of a problem :-)

Seriously, that was one odd problem that I didn't register on the "negative" thread. The mouse the PC Company provided stopped working when I upgraded to XP, and I couldn't get XP to recognise it, even to the point of saying "new hardware detected; do you have a driver?"

When the XP diagnostic routine said: "click on the device that isn't working" :-) I gave up. Got a much older disused mouse out of a cupboard and it worked fine.

It was a clunky thing anyway. I think I got it to work on one of my older machines, but it's lying disconnected in a drawer now.

Argus

Jester
27-03-2003, 01:15 PM
I brought a PC speaker system at the PC Company Hamilton sale on the weekend. Works great, I am happy with it too. A friend brought a webcam for $20.00 too, works great too.

There were plenty of components and other items on sale, it really was a case of knowing what you are buying, and the prices reflected that. Yes, there was also adequate info there about returns and 14 day warranty.

It was something of a 'garage sale', but that really was the point of it all, wasn't it?

I have no problems with the PC Company, and no, I don't work for them, or in the computer industry.

J.
:D