PDA

View Full Version : Printing

europe1
26-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Can anyone please tell me how I can print my desktop, dropdown box ect and copy it in to a Word document.

whetu
26-03-2003, 10:26 PM
look at your keyboard. top right. there is a button there called prtscn or print screen or anything similar. press it, then open up a graphics editing program of your choice and paste. (irfanview is a good small one if you dont have any graphics editing programs, then get the gimp for a powerful free one)

your desktop screenshot should then show up in your graphics editing program where you can resize, crop, colour convert, whatever and then save as an image.

then in your word document simply click insert > picture > from file, browse to wherever you saved your picture and open it.

Jen C
26-03-2003, 10:50 PM
You can if you wish "print screen" and then simply right-click and paste onto your Word document, but this will make your doc file size rather large.

If you don't have any graphic editing software but have XP, you can use Paint (found under Accessories). Capture your screen image and then open Paint > Edit > Paste. Then go File > Save As and choose under "save as type" the JPG format. This will make your file size more user friendly.

Jen