PDA

View Full Version : bios information

pavlr
25-03-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm still trying to figure out a way to hide all bios information at windows xp load. Meaning the first information you see on screen when you boot is the windows xp splash screen. Is this possible? Their must be a way to hide this (I'm wanting to buy a quicker chip for my motherboard - but don't want my family to know - they'll see the new chip on boot so I'm sneakingly trying to hide that information). Don't get me wrong - I have a great family but they don't understand upgrades. :)
Thanks in advance (bios is American Megatrends Inc ver 07.00t).
Paul
:D

b1naryb0y
25-03-2003, 09:00 PM
umm, turn the monitor off then back on again once the os has loaded?

But seriously, you'll probably find that most people don't even read the info that is displayed on boot up, so they may not even notice the "upgrade".

tweak\'e
25-03-2003, 10:58 PM
unless the manafacture has it built that optoin into the bios then NO. the bios will always be seen first unless the monitor isn't turned on.

CYaBro
26-03-2003, 09:42 AM
I have seen a few PC's where the video card doesn't turn on the monitor straight away and the result is by the time the picture actually shows up it's already loading Windows.

The is also (some manufacturers) a program that allows you to put a logo screen up instead of showing the BIOS information. HP, Acer and Compaq have done this for a long time.
Have a look on the mainboard driver CD to see if you have this. That may be you best option. Or do a search in Google for Full screen BIOS logo