PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream trouble 25 Mar 03

Greg S
25-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Hi. Is anyone else having dramas with Jetstream today? Unable to connect etc?

sam m
25-03-2003, 01:08 PM
nope, business as usual.
I am curious tho', who is your ISP. I was speaking to someone on Paradise jetstrem and he was told by them that "there is a shortage of IP addresses so people will start experiencing problems from now on" ???

strange

sam m

Greg S
25-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Xtra. Thanks for your feedback. Maybe local exchanges or even *gasp* a problem Xtra-side.

Can't comment on the Paradise attitude - but it sounds a bit sus.

Woof
25-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Yes

Telecom/Xtra

Generally slow

As this is a business connection I don't have any monitoring software installed at my workstation - wondering what monitoring software might be available, though ????

Billy T
25-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Xtra Jetstream has bee noticably slower in recent times and more so the last couple of days, though I must admit the slowest site at the moment is PF1 and the rest are more or less OK.

Actually, Jetstream has slowed considerably since I first got it about 18 months back. Probably becuse there are lot more subscribers and they haven't upgraded capacity yet.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Jester
25-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi

I had problems connecting to Paradise Jetstart last night after I rebooted my PC around 7pm. Kept coming up that the PPP link was terminated (or similar). After trying 150 times I rung Paradise and they said they were having a few problems. It would connect to JetStream Games, though.

It did connect again after about 50 further attempts, and this time I will leave it connected this time till I have to reboot.

J.
:D

stu140103
25-03-2003, 04:34 PM
> Xtra Jetstream has bee noticably slower in recent
> times and more so the last couple of days, though I
> must admit the slowest site at the moment is PF1 and
> the rest are more or less OK.

I have also notices that too with hotmail & any overseas sites...
Ok then it is not me then :D (I thought it was my ISP or the ISP my internet connection was routed throw (MaxNet))

PS: Billy T who is your ISP??? Mine is: quicksilver.

Greg S
25-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Rats - I've been unable to connect most of today - a small frame this early afternoon worked fine, but since then till now, no luck. Rats - working on sites etc is a flippin pain, never mind my need for speed when I need some R & R to have a game soon :(

Terry Porritt
25-03-2003, 04:46 PM
There does seem to have been some problem with Paradise allocating IP addresses. Several times over the last few days my IP address has gone, even though the router LED light says that adsl is enabled, and that has also happened whilst the computer is running, so leaving the comp on won't neccessarily help any.

Almost certainly a Paradise thing, I'd say.

Woof
25-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Strange way to increase the customer uptake of a new product - it seems to me that by (Telecom) NOT providing a superlative product at this early stage of the product lifecycle they are virtually guaranteeing that the greater majority of their POTENTIAL customer base will stay cynical and hesitant.

Personally it still looks like the value-for-money threshhold (for ME) is still a VERY long way off - thanks to dear olde Telecom.

There once was a time when little old Noo Ziland was a test market for new technology (like pocket calculators) but Telecom doesn't seem to see that facilitating and encouraging new customers is the path to a larger business - maybe it's that monoploy mindset again .....

Greg S
25-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Hmmm - Almost the same symptom I get - my adsl regulator/diag indicator reports all fine, but no... I cannot connect. Grr

Jim B
25-03-2003, 05:04 PM
There was a Telecom ADSL outage Nationwide which started about 12.20.
This was causing degraded service and authentication problems and may still be going on.

Billy T
25-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi Stu

My ISP is xtra.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Big John
25-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Nope, Paradise ISP, have been on all day no problems consistantly downloading at 18KB/sec