PDA

View Full Version : XP Task tray

Sami
24-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Yet another puzzle. Every programme I install insist on placing an icon in the task tray. I have found that these can be hidden, but I'd sooner not have the programmes running automatically at start up. Any clues?

Also, I do want to have Eudora open when I boot up, but so far have been unable to discover how to achieve that simple task.

XP certainly seems to work in mysterious ways!

Jimbo
24-03-2003, 05:48 PM
try this
Start Run

In the run box type msconfig this will show you apps that start at boot. And you can enable or disable them.

right click and Drag eudora .to the start menu under programs and pick create shortcut here.

Hope this helps if not I'm sure someone else will

Jimbo
24-03-2003, 05:49 PM
sorry in XP its called startup

Susan B
24-03-2003, 05:51 PM
> I'd sooner not have the programmes running automatically at start up.

Go to the program's Options or whatever and remove the option to run at Startup.

In future, choose Custom Install when you install programs and make sure you remove the options to run at startup and any other options you do not want such as shortcuts on your desktop, etc.

> I do want to have Eudora open when I boot up

Right-click on the Start Menu, choose Explore All Users, click on the Programs folder then the Startup folder so that the latter is open. Keep that on screen then do the following:

Open Windows Explorer, go to Program Files > Qualcomm > Eudora and right-click once on the Eudora.exe file. Choose Create Shortcut then navigate to that shortcut (down the bottom of the list) and drag it to the other window into the Startup folder.

Eudora will now open when you start Win XP.