PDA

View Full Version : Ghost scrolling

seacrest
23-03-2003, 10:32 PM
I have this problem with my PC it scrolls down and across automatically
at random I have norton virus software and have ran swat it which is trojan detecting software but still no luck. Is there a way i can log all activity on my pc so i can find this bug in my system?

Jen C
23-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Hmmm ..... can you be a bit more specific. Is it webpages scrolling, word documents or your whole desktop? What operating system are you using? Do you have a wheel-type scroll mouse?

Jen

seacrest
23-03-2003, 10:48 PM
any application with a scoll bar explorer,excel,word this site etc
Iam running ME

Jen C
23-03-2003, 10:58 PM
So does your mouse have a middle wheel-like button? Do you sometimes see a circle with a double-headed arrow inside on the screen when you get this scrolling?

seacrest
23-03-2003, 11:04 PM
no it has not it seems to be some weird program that is running i just dont know how to trace it

Jen C
24-03-2003, 08:20 PM
That is really strange then. Does this scrolling occur when your mouse and keyboard are not being used? It wouldn't hurt to check that your mouse and keyboard are properly plugged in.

I see from your post history that you have had this program since early February. There probably are prank programs that could cause this symptom, but someone else would need access to your PC to install it. I also would imagine that if someone had done this, they would of confessed to you by now (6 weeks on).

You could check what programs are in your startup list by going to Start > Run and typing in msconfig. Click on the Startup tab. Go to Pacs-Portal Startup list (http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm) and compare what programs you have listed against their list.

Otherwise, someone else might have a further suggestion.

Jen C
24-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Oops - bit of a typo above.

It should read "I see from your post history that you have had this problem since early February"