PDA

View Full Version : Pasting from a web page

Brenda
23-03-2003, 09:18 PM
I was recently working in I.E. and the web page I was looking at had quite a bit of interesting material in it. I copied the text and pasted it into Word, but at the beginning of each paragraph there were a number of dots. Can anyone tell me what the 'find and replace' command is to eliminate all of the dots at once, as presently I have to go to the beginning of each paragraph to delete them.

I know of the ^p command for paragraphs, does anyone know of any other typical paragraph markings when pasting into Word?

promethius
23-03-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm using word 2000, and u just go edit > find, and there is a replace tab...

promethius
23-03-2003, 09:24 PM
...also if u click "more" then "special" you get all the special markings...

Oxie
23-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Brenda,
What do you mean by 'dots'? Are they spaces (represented by a dot when the Show button is depressed) or are they full-stops?

Kame
23-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Try pasting into NotePad first then copying it and pasting it into Word.

Pauline
24-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi,
I have found that using Opera has a 'Copy Text' & that is useful especially if the page has lots of pictures that you don't want to copy. I just paste into Word & make necessary changes there.
Pauline.

-=JM=-
24-03-2003, 12:29 AM
ClipCase is a handy wee program which should do what you are wanting.

Susan B
24-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Put your cursor at the beginning of the part you wish to delete. Hold down Ctrl+Alt and drag your mouse across over the "dots" to select them and drag downwards at the same time to select those below. When you have them selected press Delete.

Using those keys with the mouse selects a "column" which will get rid of the "dots". You will still have a bit of tidying up to do if there are more or less than three "dots" at the beginning of some lines.

BTW I think those "dots" are actually spaces but I have not seen them for a while so I could be wrong.

Susan B
24-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Those instructions are for using in Word, in case it was not clear.

E.ric
24-03-2003, 08:56 AM
What I have done if I wish to print a web page that has advertisements down each side and I think I might loose a cartridge of ink (priced like gold) over the advertisements is copy (ctrl-a then ctrl-c) from web page and paste (ctrl-v) into a HTML composer (you get a free one with Netscpe), then click on to the advertisements then press the delete key. then delete anything else you do not need save the HTML page on desk top and open with normal browser to print the page,

I must go to work and making messsteaks