PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for new system!!

craigrob
22-03-2003, 05:49 AM
I am in the market for a new computer right! I know what components I want but unfortunatley the components are scattered around a half dozen shops around New Zealand, i.e.: One shop has the motherboard I want but not the CD/RW drive.
Is there a service or shop in Auckland that will get what I want and build me my dream PC? Then will they let me finance the whole package?
Just wondering if this is at all possible.

Lohsing
22-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Never had a problem with CTech (http://www.ctechpc.co.nz).

They will order in parts for you if you ask, and have finance should you require it, although cash is always better.

What are you after in particular?

Lo.

whetu
26-03-2003, 02:55 PM
first of all go to www.pricespy.co.nz and find out who has the best prices for each of your needs.

then go around your local retailers and ask them to price you up a rig of the same required specs, Email them a list of what you want and where you can get each component and for how cheap (helps if you provide links too). Ask them if they will do a package deal and/or pricematching... the ones that offer a package deal or actually have all your required components are the ones you want to bounce between. When you finally get a price you are satisfied with, go with it. However for aftersales service it might pay to stick with a decent company such as StylesPC

I ended up getting my latest upgrade from Inhouse in Palmerston North because they did the best pricematch/package deal at the time, i saved a few hundred by doing so...

the other advantages are of course - 1 payment, and all your gear arrives at one time

John W
26-03-2003, 06:08 PM
We just purchased a new PC from Discount PC currently advertising on this Site.

We need a solid PC for work, not a games player or outright racer,so paying $1250 inclusive of GST & freight for a PC with XP, 20G HD, CD writer and 17" mon, 10 Re-writable CDs, was good value...