PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #42.....Myrmidon.......Life has become serious again.......

Billy T
21-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Myrmidon

A loyal follower, especially a subordinate who follows orders unquestioningly or pitilessly.

The myrmidons accept their fate, but the people I feel sorry for are Saddam's conscripts who would rather be anywhere else but the front line. Anti-myrmidonites?

Billy 8-{) :|

Billy T
21-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Hmmmmmm............?:|

Maybe WFTWE is a bit too topical this week. :|

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Murray P
21-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Just trying to get my mouth around it before I comment :o nah still can't manage it.

Cheers

Murray P

Billy T
21-03-2003, 10:40 PM
You know the world is going crazy when:

The best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy,
France is accusing the US of arrogance,
and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Billy 8-{) :|

Terry Porritt
21-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Back in the 1980's when mad cow disease was just being recognised, I jokingly suggested that a madness virus probably initiated by Gaia, was spreading around the world (..even the cows had caught it, and, 'those whom the gods wish to destroy first send mad' etc), since then the joke would appear to have become a reality.

The French protest too loudly, their technicians worked like fury to get the Exocet missiles working for Argentina to use in the Falklands with the resulting deaths of many British sailors. Talk about 'perfidious Albion'.
They were quite happy to supply a nuclear reactor to Sadam
Then the Rainbow Warrior.

But is that any worse than what other major nations have been quite happy to do as regards arms supply for political ends?

Pollly
22-03-2003, 02:31 AM
> Myrmidon
>
> A loyal follower, especially a subordinate who
> follows orders unquestioningly or pitilessly.
>
> The myrmidons accept their fate, but the people I
> feel sorry for are Saddam's conscripts who would
> rather be anywhere else but the front line.
> Anti-myrmidonites?
>
>
> Billy 8-{) :|

Or perhaps myrmidoffs? :p

Danger
22-03-2003, 12:17 PM
> The myrmidons accept their fate, but the people I
> feel sorry for are Saddam's conscripts who would
> rather be anywhere else but the front line.<

At least being on the front line they are able to surrender before be bombed from afar.