PDA

View Full Version : access denied

JOHNPETER
19-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone,
I need help.Recently any software I have downloaded has denied me access , there-fore I haven't been able to open the file, this includes windows updates. I have tried system restore to see if that might correct the problem , but a message pops up stating "your computer cannot be restored". I get one of the following error messages any time I try to open any of the downloaded software (1) access denied,error executing the specified program "Disk 1\ setup. exe."Unable to execute the specified command line. (2) Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5 access is denied. (3) Extracting file failed it was likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping files) or corrupted cabinet file. (4) Error cannot create c\ ginst. 1000. dll.(5) Error in directory, the selected file couldn't get extracted.(6) Error 13. access denied.
Any help given would sure be appreciated. Thanking you in advance john.

CYaBro
19-03-2003, 03:46 PM
How much free space have you got on your HDD

Go to My Computer and right-click C: and then Properties. You'll see a pie chart of HDD.

JOHNPETER
19-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Hi I have 57.9 GB of free space, so I really don't think that's the problem.

Graham L
20-03-2003, 04:16 PM
What is the operating system, John?

JOHNPETER
02-04-2003, 07:42 PM
XP with P1.6 and 512 ram

Kame
02-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Do you have admin rights? Although I've been denied rights being logged in as Admin so that has got me confused there too.

JOHNPETER
08-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Hello kame, I am sorry for my long absence, I have been preoccupied with my wifes illness. Yes I have admin rights. I still haven't been able to find a way to access the programs I have downloaded including XP updates or patches. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you might have.
thanks, john