PDA

View Full Version : Printing on Epson Printer

Ladybug
18-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Hi ya - Just wondering how can I change the amount of ink my printer uses. I dont do any fancy stuff and someone told me you can put it on draft - but how? Its an Epson Stylus C41UX

Thanks

Chilling_Silence
18-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Depending on your OS, Go into My Computer, and then in 2K/XP, go Control Panel then Printers, otherwise, just choose Printers.

Find your printer and right click. Choose Properties.

Choose Printing Preferences

It'll be called something like Paper/Quality.. Just have a look around in there and you should be peachy :-)

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Ladybug
18-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Hi again - thanks chilling silence!

First what is OS? Is that something to do with the version number?
Mine is Version 5.30.

I did what you said the only thing I could find was - mode which had
automatic / Photo enhance and custom - it was on automatic.
Is this were its meant to be?

Ladybug
19-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Oh duhhh! OS=Operating system, sorry this is Windows XP Home.

sam m
19-03-2003, 07:12 AM
On that screen that has "automatic / Photo enhance and custom - it was on automatic" there is a slide "Quality______Speed" Just move that towards speed and it will print with lesser quality, therefore preserving ink. You can also adjust this at the time of printing so you can decide whether your printing project needs good quality (uses more ink) or if it is a draft.

Ladybug
19-03-2003, 07:29 AM
Thanks Sam m - now sorted - much appreciated :)

Graham L
19-03-2003, 01:47 PM
It will still use more ink than it should. These late model Epsons seem to use more ink the less they are used. :-( They work out how long they have been turned off, then clean the head "thoroughly".

It's obvious they make their money by selling ink, not printers. :D

Ladybug
19-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Gosh - your not wrong about them using ink! I'm onto my 3rd cartridge since September and no way would I have used a 1/4 of a ream of paper.
They told us when we bought this model its the cheapest to run - my opinion - NOT!

robsonde
19-03-2003, 02:09 PM
'inkjet' and 'cheep to run' dont go togeather.

cheep to run is a laser printer.

I paied $500 for my brother HL-1440 about a yesr ago, i have run 4 reams of paper and still not changed the toner pack.

thats cheep.

Susan B
19-03-2003, 02:51 PM
My father-in-law bought a PC Company computer over two years ago and was highly annoyed at the way his Epsom inkjet used ink every time he switched the computer on. He asked the PC Co about it and they said to unplug the printer from the wall when he was not going to use it to prevent this. He said this helped save a lot of ink because he starts up and closes down his computer several times a day.

If you want to do this yourself, remember that you will need to close down the computer before you either unplug or plug in the printer.

Ladybug
20-03-2003, 04:18 AM
Hi Susan B - this sounds like a good option for us as our computer is on and off regularly too - Thanks :)