PDA

View Full Version : Error message in XP home edition

DanielS
18-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what this message means:
ERROR:could not execute Main:The system cannot find the file specified.

I have a feeling this could be something serious because from my programs line-up, a lot have suddenly disappeared, and I also had to set-up my internet connection again.

I hope someone can clarify me on this problem, which I think it is.

Cheers,

Daniel

nadius
18-03-2003, 01:07 PM
hi,
i searched on google and found this: (although the error message i found on google had "WJVIEW ERROR" - not just "ERROR" like you reported)

Type msconfig in the run menu on the start menu, and under the Startup tab uncheck any entries which are loading .class files and/or wjview. I've also heard that Limeshop, which is installed with Limewire, can sometimes cause this problem. It too is listed in msconfig.

or another solution, if that fails...

Try going to this location in your registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run You'll probably find an entry for an application that attempts to run wjview.exe, put there by the application you have removed. Deleting that line may solve your problem.

as i don't have this problem i can't test to see if either of these work, but they're worth a shot.

if you do the second, backup your registry first and take care. (there's also a Registry FAQ here on PressF1)