PDA

View Full Version : Printer Drivers

Chris1
16-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Hi All

I am trying to run a HP Deskjet 520 printer on Window 98SE. So far I've been unable to find a driver for anything above Windows 98. Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

oldfart
16-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Hi Chris1

You will find your driver http://beta.driverguide.com/beta/index.php] ( [url) here [/url]

Oldfart ;-)

Gordon.
16-03-2003, 07:03 PM
I have copied/pasted the below but it appears that win98 drivers are acceptable for your printer rather than specific win98se drivers but as someone has also mentioned, have a look at driver guide and see what is available there. You need to log in but it is free.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is from HP Tecnical Support

Information
There is no need to download a driver from the Web site. The drivers included in Windows 98 are the most current drivers available. To install driver, follow the directions below.

Installing Windows 98 printer drivers that are integrated into the operating system
If the printer is hooked up directly (parallel) to the computer, follow these instructions for standard installation of the appropriate driver using Add Printer Wizard:

Click Start, Settings, and Printers.
Double-click Add Printer.
Click Next.
Select Local Printer.
Click Next.
In the manufacturer list, choose HP.
In the printer list, choose the model of printer.
Click Next.
Choose the port (usually LPT1).
Click Next.
Select Yes to designate this printer as the default printer, or select No for this printer to handle selected print jobs only.
Click Next to continue.
Click Finish to complete the installation.
If asked for a Windows disk, insert the appropriate disk or CD, and follow the instructions on the screen. Once the installation is finished, the printer will be listed in the printers window
NOTE: Windows will only ask for the installation disk in rare circumstances. If you insert the disk, and Windows cannot find the printer drivers, contact Microsoft or the computer manufacturer for assistance in locating the printer drivers.

Close the printers window, and try printing.